Victim

Song Credit: "Yes Babe" by Em Harriss

TW: abuse, sexual assault

Betty's POV

Victim.

That's all I was to him. I was just his victim. I wasn't his lover or his sunshine; I wasn't his favorite person in the whole wide world. I was just his toy.

I just want to leave.

"Babe, I'm hungry." "Lucky for you, there's a whole kitchen full of food," I replied sarcastically, regretting the words I'd said. Archie turned to look at me with anger in his eyes before grabbing my jaw harshly.

"What'd you say to me?" "I'm sorry," I replied, looking down shamefully, trying not to let any tears fall. "I didn't ask you if you were sorry," Archie said, raising his voice and getting a tighter grip on my jaw.

"I asked you to repeat what you said to me!" "I-I..." "Speak up!" I knew at this point there was no good way out of this. 

I stayed silent.

Only letting a few whimpers through my shaking lips.

And suddenly I was dragged off of the couch and brought to the floor.

Not again. 

Please not again.

Archie went into the kitchen and opened a drawer rapidly; item clinking around as he searched for something.

"Until you can learn to shut your mouth," he said, walking over, fondling something in his hands. Kneeling down and ripping a piece of duct tape off the roll, he finished his sentence. "I'll just have to shut it for you."

I tried pushing him off of me, but he was much stronger than me. "Hold still!" Archie mumbled, holding me down and punching me hard in the face. I began crying and whimpering, now knowing that I'd best follow his directions

I didn't move.

There was a quick moment where I thought he'd stop. He looked into my eyes, panting and breathing heavily.

Time stopped.

But he didn't.

Archie chuckled before grabbing my face and pasting the tape over my lips. He ripped off another piece and wrapped it around my wrists, bringing them together.

I just watched him do these things.

"Stop crying, it makes your makeup run," Archie said, picking me up bridal style and setting me back on the couch.

"You look like a mess."

I feel like one, too.

Archie went into the kitchen, just leaving me alone, bound on the couch with aching cheekbones. He came out a few minutes later with a sandwhich, sitting down beside me and looking over. 

"You want a bite?" Archie taunted. "Oh, that's right," he teased, chuckling. "You should have just kept that pretty little mouth shut."

A tear rolled down my cheek as he got up and went back to the kitchen. Archie came back with a pocket knife.

What is he going to do to me thins time?

He grabbed my wrists and cut the tape off before peeling the tape from my lips as well. "C'mon let's go to bed," he said, heading for our room. I stood up and walked into our bedroom, Archie taking off his shirt in the closet.

I, already wearing my nightgown, got into bed and closed my eyes. I didn't want him around me anymore. I wanted him to be gone.

I wanted to be gone.

Just as I began to quietly sob, Archie got in bed next to me and closed any space possible. 

Go away, Archibald.

He moved some of my blonde hair out of the way and brought his lips to my neck. "I'm sorry about earlier," he mumbled against my skin. With me facing the other way, I rolled my eyes before slightly turning towards him and putting on a fake smile. "It's okay, baby."

No. 

No it's not okay,

'Baby.'

"I'm pretty tired, Arch. I'm just gonna go to sleep." "Let me make it up to you," he replied, kissing on my neck. "I'm really tired, Archie. It's late." "No you're not."

Here we go again.

He came over me, just like he's done so many other times.

He lifted my nightgown, just like he's done so many other times.

He raped me, just like like he's done so many other times.

And so I fell asleep after he finished feeling numb and frail while Archie felt like a King.

Because that's all that matters.

Who cares about me?

As long as Archie's happy.