Hidden Gems ("Sleepovers & Secrets" Part 2)

This song has nothing to do with the oneshot, it's just adorable and I love it. 

Song Credit: "Pretty Girl" by Clario

NSFW-ish (mentions of sexual content)

**A Week After Part One

Jughead's POV

I tried to consider myself patient while I sat in Betty's room, but waiting for her to finish her phone call with Veronica was like waiting for the sun to turn purple. I could hear a bit of the conversation, but it got drowned out as I looked around and saw an open notebook. I didn't want to snoop, but I saw my name written a few times and became intrigued.

I grabbed the notebook and started reading the words written in Betty's cursive, not knowing the context. I figured out after a few sentences that this wasn't a diary entry or term paper-- these were Betty's fantasies. 

Page after page, Betty explained all the things she wanted to do and all the things she wanted to be done to her. She wrote sensual paragraphs in vivid detail, allowing a movie to play inside of any reader's mind.

"He'd put his lips on my neck and it'd feel like heaven. The whole room was dressed in creme silk and there was a glow radiating from my hair and skin."'

And I could see it; the silk bedsheets and oval windows lining the walls, curtains separated in two on each side of them. I could see a golden glow shining off of Betty's blonde waves and pale shoulders as she looked directly into my eyes, one of her legs on each side of me as she sat upon me, straddling. 

I heard her Betty approaching the room and quickly set the notebook down. "You ready to go?" she asked, grabbing her purse. "Y-yeah," I stuttered, standing up. Somehow looking at her was different now since I read the page.

"Okay, great! I'll drive, we can take the station wagon. Archie and Veronica are waiting for us up at the Pembrooke," Betty said, walking out of the door.

---

I couldn't stop thinking about that notebook and the words written on it in the car, or even at Veronica's. Eventually, I had to pull her aside from Betty and Archie who were preparing Archie's birthday cake.

"Jughead, what's going on?" she asked. "You and Betty are best friends, right? Like, 'no secrets' kind of best friends?" I asked. "Yeah, why?" she asked. "Do you know about a certain notebook of hers?"

"The one from her drawer?" Veronica questioned, both of us keeping our voices low. "No, the one that was on her nightstand," I replied. Veronica's eyes opened wide and her mouth was ajar for a split second. 

"Damn it! I was supposed to put it back in her drawer, no wonder you saw it!" She whisper-yelled. "Anyway, I need advice. I mean, how am I supposed to approach this with her? Do I approach this with her?" I asked.

"Well, if Archie was in your position, I would want him to fulfill everything I wrote. But I would want it to be a surprise. Which one did you read?" she asked. "The one with the silk room," I answered.

"Okay, so surprise her with new silk sheets. Then slowly keep progressing to fulfill the setting. Any chance you get, you need to reread it so that you can memorize everything you're supposed to say," Veronica told me. 

"Guys, come on! It's time for the cake!" Betty said from the kitchen. Veronica and I walked over, Veronica turning off the lights so we could sing happy birthday around the lit cake. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Archie. Happy birthday to you," we all chanted, cheering as the redhead blew out the candles.

---

Over the night, I took Veronica's words to heart and started thinking of ways I could start this up without Betty getting too suspicious. "I'll be right back, I left my phone upstairs," I said, getting up from the blankets that layered Betty and me on the couch. 

"Do you want me to pause it?" She asked, reaching for the remote. "No, it's fine you can keep watching," I replied. In fairness, I've seen this episode of Twin Peaks one too many times. I headed upstairs with my phone in my pocket-- that's not what I needed.

I pulled out my phone and went over to the notebook, taking a few pictures of the pages so that I could 'study' when I wasn't here. I also started reading from the beginning, since I just started off randomly.

"The morning light was exposed through the windows lining the walls. We were secluded with absolutely no distractions except each other. The tension excluded any form of careless teenage hormones and only invited passion and romance inside our intimacy. There was a vast ocean of desire beyond my eyes and I could almost cry at how expansive it was. He'd put his lips on my neck and it'd feel like heaven. The whole room was dressed in creme silk and there was a glow radiating from my hair and skin. His name would be the only thing I knew how to pronounce in this state of bliss. I'd whisper it once: "Juggie." I'd repeat it in a sigh: "Juggie." I could no longer keep my voice as stable as it once was when I could feel the hues of purple and pink forming on my neck and I knew any other words that dared to be exposed would be spoken in a moan or a breathless gasp. There was no more restricting these sensations. Innocence be damned. Purity be damned. Self-control be damned. Modesty be damned. We were no longer holding back. The straps of my nightgown were falling down, down, down..."

"Jug, do you need help finding your phone?" I heard Betty call from the bottom of the stairs. I was quickly pulled out of my trance as I replied, "No, I got it." 

Now I just had to find out where the hell I could buy silk bedsheets.