Reunited

"How long was it?" asked Jughead as he looked over at Betty, holder her tighter and pulling her closer. "Too long," Betty replied before lifting her head and kissing his jawline.

Jughead looked over at her and stared deep into her eyes as Betty did the same. Leaning in was something they'd missed and kissing was something they'd yearned for. 

Their lips connected again and each savored every moment. Betty and Jughead just got each other back, they couldn't imagine losing each other again. 

As their mouths opened and they allowed each other's tongues to dance with their own, Betty tried to close any pesky space left between her and Jughead. "I missed you, Juggie. So much," Betty breathed in between kisses.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you," she added, prompting Jughead to respond, "Love knowing the feeling was mutal," while leaning in for another kiss, which both Betty and Jughead knew would lead to more making out.

Feeling each other in their arms was a constant reminder; reassurance to Jughead that Betty was still there and comfimation to Betty that Jughead wasn't leaving. But it wasn't sexual, and it didn't need to be. 

Like planned, the two were French kissing and Betty was leaning forward to be closer to Jughead, which he wasn't refuting. As their lips pulled apart slowly with an audible 'pop,' Betty receeded down to lay her head on Jughead's shoulder.

"I'll be right back," she said before starting to get up. "Wait, Betts, don't leave. Please," Jughead begged, leaning forward and grabbing onto her arm gently, the thought of Betty leaving setting off his seperation anxiety.

"I promise I will be right back. I won't leave this time," Betty smiled before leaning back and pecking his lips, hoping to calm Jughead.

"Okay," Jughead replied as Betty stood up, not taking her eyes off him for a second until she left the room. She walked into the bathroom of the Jones' trailer and looked in the mirror, seeing all the light, loving hickeys left on her neck and collarbone, with a few on her jawline.

Betty sighed, thinking of how amazing she felt when she was with Jughead. And it was nothing new, she always felt lucky to have him and was filled with gratitude commonly. But this was different. She savored every second she was allowed in the prescence of the raven-haired lover.

Not wanting to spend anymore time away, Betty decided to head back, wearing one of Jughead's 'S' shirts and a pair of her underwear underneath. 

"I missed you," said Jughead as Betty walked into the room, being invited back under the covers. "I'm sorry," Betty replied as she laid down and allowed both the sheets and Jughead to swarm her. 

"Don't be; I knew you would still be here," Jughead replied, kissing her forehead. "I can't handle losing you again," Jughead mumbled, looking at her lips, wishing they were coated with his. 

"You won't have to," Betty promised bringing their lips together after looking into his eyes intently; the eyes that said, "You're home, Betty."