Nightmare

Agere. Dandelionbaby. What elsw must I say? (Besides "Enjoy," of course)

The room was quiet, Betty asleep on her side with a hand on Jughead's shirt as he used the spare time to catch up on his writing. He glanced down at her and smiled, moving a hand to massage her scalp, before returning to his writing.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that he saw her eyebrows were furrowed, her legs slightly kicking beneath the covers as her hand on his chest began to slightly grip his shirt. “Shh, love, you’re okay,” he eased, slipping his hand under the fabric of her loose shirt to stroke her back and hoping it would ease the roaring thoughts in her mind. “It’s okay babygirl, you’re okay.”

Jughead gently placed his hand over hers only to have Betty's hand hold his index finger. "Aww, sweetheart," he chuckled, his hand running through her hair as she mumbled and whimpered.

“Bubs, you’re okay,” he pleaded softly, setting his laptop next to him as he turned on his side and brought her to his chest as he repeatedly kissed along her temple, hugging her tightly so that she was enveloped in his arms.

The gesture was sweet, but to Betty, it was entrapment. She pushed away, whining and whimpering before Jughead gently shook her should, trying to get the blonde to wake you. Eventually, she did; scared green eyes revealing themselves as her lips trembled. She took a few seconds to process his presence before Betty, who was commonly nonverbal, whined a simple, "Daddy," before hiding her head in his chest.

“Honey, you’re okay. It was just a bad dream,” he said softly. He gently eased her back, his hand cupping her cheek as he sat up, taking her in his arms and into his lap. Jughead turned her head gently, looking into her teary eyes before asking, "Are you okay, bubs?" Betty mumbled for a bit, her lips still shaking before she whimpered, "S-Scary."

“I know sweetheart, I know,” he cradled her head to his chest, focusing on her breathing as she had a tendency to hold her breath after certain episodes. "You're okay, baby. Daddy's here, Daddy's got you," he eased, one hand on the back of her head and the other on her back.

“N-no,” she said mournfully, clutching onto his T-shirt as she started to cry, drowning in her own fear as her body stiffened. "Aww, baby, what's wrong? What are you scared of?" Jughead asked softly, each heartstring snapping with every sniffle. "D-Daddy do-doesn't lo-love me...anym-more," she sobbed into his shirt. "Oh, baby, Daddy loves you very much. Why do you think that?"

She didn’t respond as she started to hiccup, He rubbed her back and brushed back her hair, replying, “Honey, you’re so warm; take a few deep breaths for me okay?” Betty nodded softly, inhaling for four seconds and exhaling for six as she continued crying into his shirt. "D-Daddy left m-me," she whimpered.

“Aww, Daddy will never leave you!” Jughead sighed, rolling onto his back and bringing her with him so that she laid across his chest. “You’re my universe, babygirl.” Betty looked up softly, her hands still clutching his shirt as she asked, "P-Pwomise?" "I promise, baby. You're my precious little girl and nothing could change that."

“B-but...the dweam!” she started again, “No, honey, this is real life and Daddy is gonna be here for you, always,” Jughead promised, smiling softly as she nodded. "I sleepy," she whispered with her head against his chest. "Then go back to sleep, honey bun," he replied with a smile, his fingertips running through her hair. She shook her head before whispering, "I scared."

“Aww, baby. It’s gonna be okay. I’m right here,” he soothed, lifting her chin as that she could look at him. “Pinkie promise?” she asked softly.
Jughead chuckled with a smile, holding out his pinkie finger. "Promise," he replied as she latched her small finger around his.

She giggled softly before throwing her arms around his neck and laying her head on his shoulder as he covered the two with a blanket; his writing could wait for now.