Lavender

Song Credit: "I Fall In Love Too Easily" by Chet Baker

Betty exhaled deeply, taking in the scent of the lavender soap suds that covered the surface of the warm water as she sat upright and watched the flames on the candles' wicks dance. A hand on her shoulder gently pulled her back and she obliged, laying beside Jughead, more so against his chest.

 "This is nice," she sighed with a smile, closing her eyes. "This was a good idea," Betty added, looking up at him. "Yeah, it was," Jughead replied, before placing a kiss on the top of her head and lacing their fingers together.

The vinyl disc spinning in its record player was the only sound amongst the silence, along with the occasional sound of water drops from the faucet meeting the bathwater. It was her favorite vinyl; the one that he custom made for Betty's birthday with all of her favorite 1940/1950s songs; "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley, "Do It Again" by Jane Russell and "I Fall In Love Too Easily" starting it off.

She sat up again, taking some of the suds in her hand before dipping it back into the water. Betty peered over her shoulder to look back at Jughead, whose eyes met hers with a smile as she laid back down, her head and hand resting in the skin of his chest.

"The candles might blow out," she said. "I'll be right here," he replied, a hand placed on her shoulder. "The music might stop," Betty sighed. "I'll remember the lyrics for you," Jughead replied.

"The water might get cold," she said, slightly adjusting herself to lay more comfortably. "I'll warm you," he replied, brushing a hand through her damp locks. And with her reassurance, Betty relaxed, exhaling deeply and watching the flames sway on the wicks.