Couldn't Sleep

Betty was restless, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't sleep. Betty sat upright in her bed and looked at her phone and saw a few notifications, all of them being that "Cheryl Bombshell" posted a new tweet. "Ugh!" Betty groaned.

She yawned and stretched her arms back. "Should I text Jughead?" She asked herself. "Nah, he's probably asleep," she answered. Betty sat there, patting her hands on the blankets on her lap. She heard a slight creak and got scared. "Hello?" Betty called out. No answer. Then she saw a figure standing by her window.

She screamed in fear, then saw it was only Jughead. "Oh my God, Jughead! You scared me!" Betty said, panting and putting a hand on her heart. "I didn't mean to," Jughead said, but he still wore a smile. "Why are you smiling? That's not funny!" Betty said. "No, not that, you just look so beautiful," Jughead said.

Betty didn't believe him. She knew her hair was disheveled, her shirt was wrinkled, and her makeup from earlier that hadn't come off before, was now surrounding her eyes. Jughead sat down on her bed and held her hands.

"You okay, Betts?" Jughead asked, taking her tone into account. "Yeah, just tired. I can' sleep, though. I've taken, like, eight melatonin, and here we are," She explained. "Oh, I'm sorry, baby," Jughead sympathized as his thumbs traced ran over the back of her hands.

"It's fine, I can just wait it out for now and get coffee tomorrow. I can definitely write a new issue of The Blue & Gold solely off of caffeine, right?" Betty suggested.

"You're Betty Cooper, you can do anything. But just because you can doesn't mean you should," said Jughead. Betty sleepily rolled her eyes, along with her head and said, "Yeah, okay." "I'm serious. That's not good for you," Jughead replied. Betty yawned.

"What usually helps you fall asleep?" asked Jughead. Betty thought for a little bit. "Could you maybe possibly stay with me?" Betty responded. "Of course," Jughead responded as he and Betty both adjusted themselves so that Jughead was laying beside Betty as his arms wrapped around her.

"Goodnight, Juggie," Betty yawned. "Goodnight, Betts," Jughead responded as both of them closed their eyes and drifted to sleep.