I Don't Wanna Be You Anymore

Hi! I know that the first one was pretty sad, and this one will be too, but it gets better, trust me. Also, this is based on one of my favorite songs by Billie Eilish (above) so give it a listen, it will clarify the talking to the mirror part. Enjoy!

TW: attempted suicide

"Why are you still here? Didn't you get the memo? Nobody likes you. They all want you dead," Betty gritted through her teeth, eyes stinging with tears that threatened to drip. Little did she know, Jughead was outside her window, listening to her talking to her mirror, saying those things to herself as her fists clenched, shaking from pressure.

"Why don't you do everyone a favor and just end it. No one would care. There wouldn't even be funeral," Betty said, glaring herself through the mirror. And then it happened: she broke. Her fists became unclenched, her eyes making tears drip one after another. "I don't wanna be you anymore," She mumbled. 

She repeated it over and over, getting louder and louder, angrier and angrier. "I don't wanna be you anymore. I don't wanna be you anymore. I don't wanna be you anymore! I don't wanna be you anymore!"

Consumed by the hatred she felt, she grabbed the top of her stand-up mirror and slammed it to the floor. This was Jughead's cue. He opened her window and climbed through as Betty had grabbed a shard of glass and placed it against her wrist. 

Jughead grabbed it and wrapped his arms around her protectively, setting the glass safely on the desk. "No!" Betty yelled, trying to untangle herself of Jughead's arms. "Betty, Betty look at me," Jughead said in a tone attempting to calm Betty. When she refused, Jughead repeated louder. 

When Betty finally gave up the fight and looked up at his green eyes, Jughead waited for a few seconds, then pushed her into him, engulfing her in a hug. Betty cried onto his shoulder as he stroked her blonde hair gently. "I just can't anymore. I can't do it," Betty cried as she and Jughead sat down on her bed. "Everyone wants me to be this perfect little ray of sunshine, and I'm not, and I can't be," Betty sobbed.

"Betty, just be you. You're the best person I know and I believe in you. I know right now it's not okay. I know right now, it sucks, but Betty I love you know matter what. Just be you," Jughead said while running his hand up and down her back. 

"But I don't wanna be. I look at all the things that I've done and all the things that have happened to me and I just realize that I don't want to be this person anymore." "I know, I know baby," Jughead eased as Betty tiredly laid her head on Jughead's shoulder.

"Why do I always get so tired when I cry?" Betty asked. "I don't know, honey," Jughead responded. "You're supposed to know everything," Betty joked. Jughead chuckled a bit before placing a sweet kiss on the top of Betty's head. 

"I love you, Jughead. And I'm sorry I'm such a mess. I'm sorry you have to deal with me," Betty said. "Betty, you never have to apologize for being human. Especially not to me, I'm here for you, okay?" Jughead responded. "Always?" Betty clarified. Jughead smiled and looked down at his girl, answering, "Always."