Angels & Devils

If you consider this to be "religiously offensive," please simply stop reading and click off; hate comments are not necessary nor welcome. I, myself am a Satanist, so if y'all got a problem with that, the door is there for you to walk out of. Also, there are a few Bible connections in this, but I myself haven't read any testament of it, so I apologize in advance for any inconsistencies. All seriousness aside, please enjoy!

TW: blood, murder

The Daughter of Eve was an Angel, and her name was Elizabeth. She was beautiful and Holy; a pale entity with glowing skin, hair, wings, and eyes. Her locks were the richest shade of blonde and her teeth were as pearly as the gates of Heaven.

She was to be married in the coming week to another Angel, Archibald. Elizabeth and Archibald were to marry before God, Himself with full faith and commitment. However, she was unsure of her commitment to this arranged union; she had never truly loved Archibald, nor had he loved her. The two were strangers not too long ago.

Unsettled and afraid, Elizabeth addressed her concerns with her Mother, who, save for Mary, was the woman closest to God in Heaven. "Worry not, my Daughter," Eve spoke with a calm sense. "Your Father, Adam, was the first man upon this Earth, and I, the first woman. Our marriage was not united by love, rather by necessity. But soon, your Father grew to love me, and I, him."

"Archibald shall learn to love you, my dear Elizabeth, and you shall learn to love him as well," Eve advised. The young Angel's nerves were not settled, her doubts were not discontinued, but fearing rebuttal, she flew away.

---

The sun had set in Heaven. God and his Angels had been consumed by torpor. And a scream amongst the silence of the night rang out. 'Twas Elizabeth. Tears of Gold streamed from her eyes o' Emerald as Eve and Adam appeared. "He's...he's dead," Elizabeth spoke in a less solemn state than her usual self as she kneeled beside the deceased Archibald on the floor of their shared bedroom.

And from the sky came God. He placed his Holy hands upon Archibald's still heart and sent him to the other side of Heaven; the side where the souls of Angels were collected and set to rest in peace. "Elizabeth," God spoke solemnly.

"How in my Realm has this happened?" He asked, turning to Elizabeth. "I do not know," she replied. "I awoke in an Ocean of crimson; his heart had stopped beating long before I had regained my consciousness."

"That is not the truth," God said. "Father, what mean you?" asked Eve as she stepped forward. "Elizabeth was the only Angel present, save for our dear departed Archibald, and no natural Death could possibly shed so much Blood. I believe it is clear of what has truly taken the life of Elizabeth's would-have-been husband: her."

"Elizabeth," Adam addressed. "Is this true?" "No. No, Father, I swear," Elizabeth cried. "Tomorrow, you shall be tried before I, accompanied by the Court of Angels. You have until then to confess to your Sin and receive my forgiveness, Elizabeth. Otherwise, you shall face the consequence selected," God announced before he had vanished.

"Oh, darling," Eve said as she kneeled to her sobbing Daughter. "I didn't do it, Mother. I didn't, I swear," Elizabeth cried. Eve embraced her and replied, "The Holy Father sees and knows all. He is an Honest God, for he would never betray the truth," before she and Adam were gone

---

"Elizabeth stands before us all to confess a Sin: the Murder of Archibald. The time has arrived for your confession, Elizabeth," God spoke solemnly as Elizabeth stood on the Cloud of the Convicted in front of God and the Angels.

"I have no confession to give, for I am not responsible for the death of the Angel, Archibald," Elizabeth said. "You have no confession to give? If that is the case, you shall be given a consequence for refusal to admit to your Sinful crime," God replied.

"I shall accept it, for I refuse to confess to a Sin that was not committed by my hand," she announced. "So be it," God said. And with a snap of his fingers, Elizabeth's wings were broken and the Cloud of the Convicted vanished, sending Elizabeth falling defenselessly.

She fell passed the Threshold of Heaven and Hell, landing violently on the ground in Hell. She landed with her legs on her side, hands bracing herself as she sat hunched over, looking down to catch her breath.

"Who are you?" asked the voice of an unfamiliar man. Looking up, Elizabeth found a man with pitch black waves and dark wings who wore a Crown. He was more handsome than any Angel Elizabeth had ever seen.

"I am Elizabeth, Daughter Of Eve and Adam. I'm an Angel," she spoke, catching a glimpse of her broken wing. "Was an Angel," she corrected. The man offered down his hand to assist Elizabeth and she winced upon standing.

"Are you hurt?" he asked concernedly. "My wings," she replied. "They were broken by God." "God broke your wings? And he claims to be the 'God of Good,'" the man scoffed. "May I ask of your name?" Elizabeth requested as he helped her to walk. "I am Forsythe, Son of Satan, Himself. I am a Devil."

Elizabeth faced Forsythe, looking into his eyes. "You're not frightening," she remarked. "I would dearly hope," he replied with a chuckle. "God taught us, the Angels, about your Father. He claimed He was full of Sin and Darkness."

"Many people believe that to be the truth, but it is not. My Father worked closely alongside God, but when He decided to impose his Ten Commandments, my Father believed that it was wrong to lead His Followers by unrealistic expectations. To Him, God was a dictator," Forsythe explained.

"And that's why God banished him, isn't it?" Elizabeth asked, limping alongside the Son of Satan. He nodded in response and she spoke up once more, "God banished me because I was tried for a Murder I didn't commit."

"That's horrid," Forsythe replied. "Where are we going, Forsythe?" Elizabeth asked, looking around at the sight of Hell. "I'm taking you to my Father. He can heal your wings and give you your place to stay while you're here," he responded.

"Why do you wear that crown?" she asked. "I have no Mother, only my Father. Therefore, there is no Queen of Hell. And contrary to God, my Father believes Women are natural born leaders, that Queens wear the crowns, rather than Kings. And He told me that when I become the King of Hell and find my Queen, I shall bestow this Crown unto her," Forsythe answered.

Elizabeth smiled as she felt something in her heart. Looking down at her due to the noticeable height difference between the two, he asked, "Do you feel that too?" "I do," Elizabeth replied. "What is it--" Elizabeth was cut off by the arrival of Satan.

"Father, this is Elizabeth. She is an Angel banished from Heaven," Forsythe spoke as Elizabeth began to bow. "My dear, there is no need to bow. I am of no higher importance than you. Here in Hell, all are equal to those who breathe," said Satan with a bit of a chuckle.

"Forgive me, then," she replied. "Now, what is it that you ask of me, my Son?" "Her wings are broken, I've come to request mending," Forsythe answered. Satan looked at Elizabeth with a look of despair and asked, "Has God stolen the power of your wings, Elizabeth?" She nodded in response and He replied, "I know of that firsthand, for when I was banished, He tore my wings straight from my back."

"Now, let me see the damage," Satan requested, coming to the back of Elizabeth. Gently, He ran His fingertips over the tear in both her wings and she winced in response. "It is done," He spoke. Suddenly, all of the pain that had been crushing Elizabeth since her fall had vanished.

"Fly, Elizabeth," Satan instructed. Forsythe let go of Elizabeth as she began to rise from the ground with ease. Coming back down, she cried, "Thank you, Satan and thank you, Forsythe. How shall I ever repay you?" "There is no need for payment," Satan chuckled.

Elizabeth was taken to the home were Satan and Forsythe lived and given a room to reside in. But that feeling in Elizabeth's heart never left, and it had been a year since she'd been banished from the Pearly Gates of Heaven. But little did she know, it had never left Forsythe either.

And after a year of spending time with each other and learning of their Pasts and Presents, the Angel and the Devil finally came to terms with what that feeling was: Love. The two married before Satan, who had Blessed their Union, and on the day of their wedding, Elizabeth's wings and dress were no longer white, they had morphed into the deepest, most beautiful black.

After the two said their "I do's," and their commitment was official, Forsythe took the Crown from upon his head and bestowed it upon Elizabeth; they were now the King and Queen of Hell.