Bedtime

"Daddy, I miss you," Betty pouted, her fingers gently tugging at her stuffie's ear. "I'm right here, baby," Jughead smiled on the other side of Betty's screen. "But it's not the same!" she whined. "I want you here!"

"I know sweetheart. I promise you soon," Jughead eased, trying to ease the mood as he watched his little girl cuddle with the stuffed animal he gave her.

"I want Daddy to hold me and give me kissies," she mumbled into her stuffie, watching her screen intently. He sighed, wanting the same thing, before responding, "Hey, baby? It's getting kind of late for you, isn't it?" 

Betty took a quick glance at the clock on her nightstand, seeing as her bedtime was approaching. "Nuh-uh," she replied, shaking her head.n "I think it is," Jughead chuckled, leaning against his desk chair as she whined. "No." 

"Come on, bub. You have to get your rest in." "But I wanna stay and talk to Daddy!" Betty whined, clutching her stuffie tighter. "I wanna talk to you, too, bubs. But right now, you need to start getting ready for bed, okay?" Jughead eased, trying to find a compromise. 

She kicked her legs out beneath her laptop before reluctantly agreeing, his soft dom methods always capable of getting the blonde to cooperate. Betty had been wearing a long sweater with some leggings, so she brought her laptop with her to get her pajamas. 

"Dada, which one?" She asked holding up two different matching sets of jammies, as Betty liked to call them. "Hmm," Jughead thought with a smile, putting his hand on his chin. "How about the pink set?" he suggested, pointing towards the pajamas. 

Betty giggled in response, remarking, "I knew you'd say that, Daddy!" He chuckled before she turned her computer around for her to get changed. Betty would never admit to him that she was tired; if she did then that meant they had to say "Goodbye," to each other, even if only for the night. 

"Daddy, I not sleepy!" Betty said as she crawled back in bed. "Uh, uh, uh," he said slowly, his eyebrow raised. "What?" she asked, looking around her for what he was talking about. "Did my babygirl brush her teeth?" Betty huffed before getting up to go to her sink.

She pouted as she got out from under her covers, being able to hear him chuckle as she began to brush her teeth, doing it how he taught her last week before he left. Once she was done, she curled up underneath the covers, her stuffie underneath her arm.

the last thing Betty wanted to do was go to sleep and leave him, but there was nothing she could do to delay it. "Can we play a game?" she asked with a hopeful smile. "It's time for bed, babygirl. Tomorrow when I get back we can, okay?" Jughead spoke softly, knowing that she was trying desperately to delay bedtime.

"No, Daddy, I want to play a game! I have kicky legs!" Betty wasn't necessary lying, she did have anxious legs but at least she knew now that their call would be extended.

Jughead sighed, looking into the blonde's pleading eyes, replying, "What do you need, honey?" "You, Daddy. I need you," Betty replied, her lips pouting. "Why don't you go ahead and lay down and I'll talk to you into you fall asleep?"

"No," she whined, tears daring to fall down her cheeks. "I'm right here, my love. I'm never gonna leave you. We can call tomorrow morning," Jughead tried, not wanting to see her upset.

"No, it's not the same," she replied, tears falling from her eyes one by one. "I need you here. I need you here now, Daddy. Please," she sobbed, each sniffling breaking Jughead's heart. The trip he was on, something for Stonewall Prep was scheduled to last for a few more days, but it took that devastating look on Betty's face for him to realize it wasn't worth it.

"I know sweetheart, I'll be home very soon," he nodded, his mind thinking back to all the things he had packed in the first place; he missed his girl. "Can you do daddy a favor?"

Betty looked up slowly from her stuffie, nodding slowly and waiting for his response. Jughead smiled, remarking a simple, "That's my little girl," before giving her instructions. "Daddy needs you to go to bed," he held up a finger as she immediately sat up to protest. "Daddy has a surprise for you, but you need to go night-night," Jughead said calmly.

"Okay?" he eased, watching as Betty sighed. "Okay," she mumbled, shifting her computer to lay down. "Turn off the light, baby," Jughead instructed softly, seeing as she reached over for her lamp. "Good girl," he smiled once he could no longer see her. "Goodnight, angel. I love you," he said softly as Betty closed her eyes, "I love you, Daddy," she said gently.

"Wait, Daddy!" Betty whined, squirming in her sheets. "Yes, hon?" "I don't wanna be alone." "I know, babe, it's gonna be okay though. Okay? Hug kitty close to you." "Everytime you hug Kitty, that's me hugging you, okay, babygirl?" he eased, making the blonde snuggle her stuffie even tighter. 

"Yes, Daddy." "That's my girl," Jughead smiled before noticing Betty had fallen asleep. He placed a kiss on the screen before muttering to himself, "Goodnight, baby. I'll see you soon." He closed the laptop and grabbed his bag, stuffing clothes, school supplies and other accessories he brought along with him on the retreat inside.

He opened the door to his temporary room, making his way down the hallway before stopping at reception to check out. He knew the next train to Riverdale was in twenty minutes and there wouldn't be another one for two hours, making his movements hurried.

Jughead ran the block to the station, wiping away the curl that always fell in front of his face. Taking heavy breaths, he checked out before sitting down on one of the community benches. "I'll be there soon, babygirl," he sighed to himself.

In twenty minutes, hed ended back up in Riverdale, taking a cab to the house, all the while knowing every second he was closer to his missed blonde. Jughead smiled as he saw the front lights still on, taking his keys out of his pocket and unlocking the door before heading upstairs to his and Betty's room, expecting to see his girl asleep. 

Instead, he saw a sheet over her head, a light beneath it as she hummed to herself. He smiled, walking towards the bed before pulling the sheet down, remarking, "Peek-a-boo." His little girl jumped, a look of surprise etched onto her face before she was jumping into his arms. 

"Daddy!" she squealed, smiling into his neck as he sighed a breath of relief, his chest tight as he engulfed her into his arms as his face hid in the crook of her neck. "I missed you so, so, so, so, so much, babygirl," he mumbled into her embrace before pulling away, seeing a flashlight beside the blonde, a coloring book in her lap and a crayon in her hand. 

"But I thought I told you long ago that it was bedtime," he smiled with a raised eyebrow. A pink blush made its way to Betty's face as she looked down, replying, "I sorry, Daddy. I can't go night-night without my cuddles."

"I can't blame you, my sweet girl," he said softly as he ran a hand down the back of her head, running it down to cup her cheek. She leaned into his palm before shifting in their bed, grabbing her kitty and handing it to him. "Kitty missed you too daddy!"

"Aww, well, I missed Kitty, too," Jughead smiled, walking around to the other side of the bed to get in, putting the blonde's materials on the nightstand and taking her in his arms. His lips began peppering kisses all over her face as Betty giggled before he spoke up. 

"Well, now that Daddy's here and you have your cuddles, can you go night-night?" he asked softly. 

“Mhmm,” she hummed, placing Kitty in between them as she snuggled close to him. “Daddy loves you very much, babygirl. Sweet dreams,” he said with a kiss to her temple. Her hands grasped at his shirt, nuzzling her nose against his flannel. “I love you, Dada.”

"I love you too, sweetheart. More than you'll ever know," he replied softly, placing a kiss to the blonde's forehead before she was fast asleep.