Hissy Fit

Agere requested by laurenmorris075; sorry it took so long! Enjoy!

Usually, when Jughead came home, it was quiet. It was not quiet when he walked through the front door of his and Betty's house; he was greeted by the sounds of frustrated yells and something being thrown.

"Betts?" Jughead called out, figuring her to be in their room. Ultimately, she was; sitting criss-cross on the floor as her hands held up her head, elbows planted on her legs. "What's wrong, bub?" he asked, his tone immediately softened as he saw what state she was in. 

"Every-ting! Every-ting wrong!" Betty whined in her small voice. "Nuh-ting works!" "Okay, baby, why don't you come here and tell me what's wrong?" Jughead soothed, sitting beside irritated blonde before pulling her onto his lap.

"No! It not working!" Betty whined, trying to crawl out of his embrace. "Not so fast, sweetheart, "Jughead chuckled, picking the blonde back up and placing her in his lap. She squirmed and flailed around as gentle, 'Shh's accompanied a hand through her hair. 

Once the blonde had quieted down, Jughead simply asked again, "Now, what is it that's bothering my little princess?" "It not working, Daddy," Betty whined quietly with her head laying on his arm. 

"What isn't working? Can you show Daddy?" he asked softly before pressing a kiss to her head. Betty sighed, crawling out from his embrace, walking on her knees to the bottle, which was almost across the room, only to come back to her caregiver with it in her hands.

"No working," she mumbled before he chuckled, taking the bottle from her hands and opening his arms for her once again. Betty complied, laying against his chest as he placed the plastic tip of the bottle against her lips, saying softly, "You want me to help you, babygirl?"

"Uh-huh," she replied faintly with a nod, laying her head on his shoulder as he readjusted the blonde, holding her up and feeding her the bottle gently. "I sorry I was angry," Betty mumbled, replacing each 'r' with a 'w'. 

"It's okay, sweetheart, don't worry about that now. Just let Daddy take care of you, okay, bub?" Jughead replied softly, brushing some of her blonde hair out of the way. She mumbled incoherent words quietly in response as her eyes closed slowly, breaths evening while she calmed down from her earlier tantrum. 

Before Jughead knew it, Betty was asleep in his arms, the plastic bottle tip slowly slipping from her lips as her head went limp against his arm. "Let's get you into bed," he mumbled softly, pressing a kiss to the top of her head before picking her up and carrying her a few steps to the bed.

Jughead tucked Betty in gently, careful not to wake her as he pulled the covers over her. With a happy sigh, he sat on the edge of the bed and kissed her head once again, saying softly, "Sweet dreams, angel."