Not Dead But Dying ("Broken" Part 3)

Song Credit: "Six Feet Under" by Billie Eilish

TW: mentions of suicide, mentions of self harm

Jughead's POV

As soon as we got back to the house, Betty took me over to the couch and wraped her arms around me, pulling me closer to her as my head lay atop her heart.

By now, both my sleeves were rolled up to my elbows, even though I had about twenty five cuts from there to my shoulders on each arm.

"Do you wanna talk about them?" She asked, running her hands through my hair, beanie sitting beside me on the couch.

"I thought I lost you, Betts. For good," I spoke up. "You know how much I love you. You know I'd be six feet underground if you died, and yet you still took those pills. Not to mention how much you hate those things."

"If you really were gonna do it, why with something you hate? If you want to die, die loved." Throughout my time talking, I never realized how harsh I sounded.

"You're right," she sighed. "You're absolutely right. And I'm sorry," Betty said. I turned and looked her in the eyes, replying, "Are you really that miserable here?" "I...I don't know. You're the only thing I live for," she replied.

"I don't...like living, though. I do wish I was dead," she added. "There has to be some...happy medium," I sighed. "We both hate living, but love each other," I added. "If you died, I'd kill myself. And if I died, you kill yourself," Betty sighed.

"Betty, I don't want you to suffer. If you want to leave, if that's what'll make you happy..." my voice trailed as tears came streaming down. "I think I can accept that. I just want you to be happy, Betts." We were both crying now, holding each other and sobbing.

"If you want to leave this life, if that will end your pain. I...I sup-support you," Betty cried. "I don't want to leave you, Betts," I cried, hand on the side of her face. "Maybe if we both..." Betty trailed. "Like Romeo and Juliet?" I asked nearly comically, making Betty smile through her tears.

"They didn't...get a happy ending, but they loved each other. And that's...that's all that matters," she sniffled, lacing our fingers as we came down from our breaks, holding each other, tear-stained and broken, and eventually falling to sleep, soon to our deaths.

Only one more part to go in this miniseries. Hope you're enjoying thus far. Have a great day/night!