When The Time Is Right

allow me to introduce you all to the song that gave this story its name as i make the announcement that this will be the last part of alone together. i'll explain why after the oneshot, so it'll be in bold at the bottom.

Song Credit: "Alone Together" by Sabrina Carpenter

Betty and Jughead loved hosting dinners with the other half of their friend group, especially since they had their first daughter, Lucy. 

"Hey, guys, Come in," Betty smiled as she answered the door, hugging Veronica while she held Lucy in her other arm. "Who's that? Is that Aunt Betty?" Veronica asked the four-month-old, whose head was laying on her mother's shoulder. "Aww, hi," Betty cooed as Jughead came out of the kitchen.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" he asked, coming over to the other three and passing Archie, who had Lucy's car seat in his hands. "Here, you wanna take her while we settle in?" Veronica offered, handing the baby to Jughead, who cradled her gently, looking down at his goddaughter.

It caught Betty off guard at first when she turned around and saw the baby in her husband's arms, but something about the sight put the blonde at ease. "You think she'll ever grow into her hair?" Jughead joked, Lucy's hand tight around his index finger. 

Betty chuckled and replied, "You gotta wonder which one she gets that from." "It's not ginger, it's not me," Archie said as he set up her playmat, making the other two chuckle. "You guys need help with dinner?" Veronica asked, setting her purse down and taking a look at Betty.

Her eyes were still locked on Jughead with the baby, seeing how both their faces were smiling and how natural the scene had appeared. "B?" Veronica asked, slightly waving her hand to gain her attention. "Sorry, V, what were you saying?" 

"You need any help?" she repeated. "Uh, I don't think so. Jug basically handled everything. Thank you, though." Veronica only nodded before Betty smiled and asked, "So...how's motherhood?" "Oh, it's interesting all right," she answered with a raised eyebrow and a chuckle before catching a glance of Archie beside Lucy's playmat on the ground, poking one of the tactile buttons before lowering her voice and saying, "Sometimes I wonder if I have one kid or two."

Betty chuckled before saying, "Here, lemme get you something to drink. Arch, you want anything?" "You got apple juice?" he asked as Jughead looked at him with a light-hearted scoff and Betty whispered, "Two. You have two kids."

---

All throughout the night, Betty kept fixating on the way Jughead interacted with Lucy, her feelings confirming themselves when it was finally her turn to hold the baby. She realized then that the time was right.

"Hey, Jug?" the blonde asked as she sat beside her husband on the couch, Veronica and Archie sitting on the ground next to the playmat as Lucy laid on it. "Yeah, Betts, what's up?" With a hopeful smile, she put her hand on his and said, "Let's have a baby."

His eyes widened as he sat up slightly, asking, "What? Betty, are we...ready for that? Are you ready for that?" "I think we are," she said, her arm finding its way through his as she laid her head on his shoulder. "And seeing you with Lucy just made me realize how amazing you'd be as a father."

"We have the money for it, and the time, and the health. What are we waiting for?" she asked, sitting up and watching as he processed everything. A smile spread across his lips as he said, "Okay, then. Let's go for it, let's have a baby." Betty smiled as a gleam took place in her eyes, leaning in for a kiss and meeting his lips with bliss. "I love you, Betts," he sighed against her lips.

"And I love you."

okay, so explanation!: apparently wattpad has a story part maximum of two hundred and bc this is the 200th part, i can no longer update on here. HOWEVER!! before y'all start begging in the comments (lmao) there WILL be a second oneshot book posted on december 3rd, 2020 called always & forever and that will take over after this is posted. bc of the new books, i won't be able to make part twos/threes/fours or anything to a oneshot in THIS book. thank y'all for getting this to 594k and staying with me for the three amazing years that this story has been around for. here's to another three on always & forever. i love you all, bbs.

~saltiestangel.