Not Fair To Her

Hey guys! So quick lil' note, this is when Betty, Archie, and Jughead were like, 10. Even though in the show, Veronica didn't come in until they were around 16, in the comics, she was there since childhood, so she will be here as 10 year old little Ronnie. This is going to have Betty and Jughead's POV, but I will clarify when it switches. Enjoy!

 Betty's POV

I had a crush on Archie Andrews, and I thought he liked me back. I was in my backyard, swinging on my swing set, waiting for him to come back from football practice. Finally, I heard Mr. Andrews' truck pull up into the driveway next door and car doors opening and closing. "Hey, son, I know you hurt your arm, but I hope it feels better soon," I heard Mr. Andrews say before Archie responded, "Thanks dad! I'm sure it will, this ice cream seems to be helping!"

I raced into the house and out the front door and walked over to Archie's house. His dad was already inside and it was just him. "Hey, Archie!" I greeted happily. Archie turned around, shutting the truck door and smiled. "Hey, Betty!" He exclaimed. He walked over to me and embraced me in a hug, like we did everytime we saw each other. I also hugged Jughead everyday, but he was a little closed off. I remembered Archie hurt his arm and sure enough, it was wrapped up in gauze.

"What happened to your arm?" I asked, curiously. Archie lifted and looked down at his bandaged arm. "Aw, it's nothing, I just fell on it during a catch," He explained. "Can I fix it?" I asked, slightly lifting it. He winced in pain and I let go gently. "Oh, Archie, I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized. "It's fine! I'm fine!" He groaned in what sounded like he was angry. "Sorry! I just wanted to help!" I rambled, feeling internally sorry. "I don't need your help! Everything was fine until you showed up! Just go away!" Archie yelled.

I started to tear up, but I turned around and walked back down the sidewalk to my house with my head down. When I was hidden by a bush, I began running back to my house with tears streaming down my face. It was getting to be late, as the sun was already more than halfway down. I ran up the stairs to my room and sat on my bed. Looking out the window, I saw Archie in his room with Veronica, as she was re-wrapping his hand, and when it was all done, she placed a small kiss on the bandages.

It was dark by now, but both my parents were still at work, so I ran out of my house to Jughead's treehouse in his back yard. The four of us would always go there, so the back gate was always unlocked for us and we were always welcome. I climbed the ladder to the treehouse and began sobbing my green eyes out. Why didn't Archie like me? Why could he push me away with ease and let Veronica in? What she have that I didn't have?

Jughead's POV

I heard sobs coming from my backyard. It was Betty. Frantically, I raced to the backyard and up the ladder of my treehouse. I opened the door and saw the blonde sitting on the floor crying. I rushed to her and sat down beside her. I secretly had a crush on her, but she had feelings for Archie, so I stepped back. I stepped back so she could be happy. I wrapped my arms around her and held her safely, letting her know I was here for her as she cried onto my shoulder. "What happened, Betty? What's wrong?" I asked. She sniffled, and I asked, "Is it, Archie?"

Betty pulled her head off of my shoulder and sniffled once more, nodding her head and bringing her knees to her chest and holding them. "Yeah," Betty said sadly. "What did he do?" I asked, very concerned. Archie was constantly pushing her aside like some kind of toy. He favored Veronica over her and let it show. He claimed to be her best friend, but treated her like trash. It was not fair to her. Every time Archie made Betty cry, I wanted to punch him in the face. Yell at him, do anything to make him stop.

"He hurt his arm, so I tried to help, but he yelled at me and pushed me away. But then I saw Veronica helping him and he was all happy," Betty explained to me. That jerk! "Betty, I will always be here for you," I assured her as I stroked her shoulder. I was only 10, but I wanted to stay with her my entire life. I wanted to live every second with her. "Thank you, Juggiekins, but I hate to be a burden," Betty said, drying her tears and straightening herself out.

She stood up and cleaned off her pink dress. "My parents are probably back from work by now, they might be wondering where I am," she said. "Betty?" My voice trailed. Betty looked up at me and I wanted to tell her I love her, but I couldn't. "Just, let me know if you need anything. A shoulder to cry, arms to hug you. Just let me know," I said.

Betty smiled and gave me a hug. "You're such a good friend, Jug. I'm so lucky to have you," Betty said. Yeah, I really was. She climbed down the ladder and I followed her. We stopped at the gate and she hugged me tightly. "If things don't work out with Archie, I don't know what I'm going to do," Betty said. "They will, I promise. And even if they don't, I'll still be here," I replied. "Good," Betty said before hugging me once more and placing a kiss on my cheek. "Bye, Juggie!" She said as she left. Betty Cooper kissed me, and I'd never forget that moment.