Family

Betty had always been good with kids; getting toddlers to stop fighting over toys or helping to quiet babies, but she had never thought of it in a parental way. It wasn't until her niece and nephew were dropped into her care that she had to start thinking that way.

With Polly in a special health facility and Betty as Juniper and Dagwood's godmother, the parental responsibilities were passed to her. It was overwhelming at first; the idea of raising two very small babies while only being eighteen.

The front door opened as Betty sat in the living room with the twins, making the blonde turn her head. "Mr. Jones," Betty greeted with a smile. "Hey, Betty, you, uh...babysitting?" FP asked, setting his sheriff's hat on the coat rack.

"Actually, I'm kind of...their legal guardian now," she replied, looking at the two crawling around the rug. Fp's eyes widened as he sighed, responding, "Well, you're definitely gonna wanna explain that to this one," pointing his thumb towards the open front door, only to have Jughead walk in.

"He must've picked him up from Stonewall," Betty thought to herself, seeing her boyfriend in his school uniform as he walked into the house with a smile. "Hey, Betts," Jughead smiled, walking into the living room and sitting next to Betty on the rug, putting a hand on her back.

She smiled in response, responding with a quick, "Hi," before leaning in for a kiss. "What's with the kids," he asked as they departed, seeing Betty taking Juniper in her arms. "Listen, I need to talk to you," she sighed.

"Okay, go ahead," Jughead replied, adjusting his position before Betty started. "So, since Polly's...where she is and she named me as the twins' godmother, I'm gonna be...legally responsible for them."

"So, you're gonna be their mom?" Jughead asked with a small grin. "I'm still their aunt, but, yeah, kind of. I just wanted to make sure you were okay with that before I asked what I was going to," she sighed.

"What were you gonna ask?" he asked, his eyes drifting to Dagwood, who was playfully hitting two letter-building blocks together. "I was gonna see if maybe you wanted to...help me with the twins. Like, maybe be my second in adopting them?" Betty offered with a hopeful smile.

"You mean, like...parent them with you?" "Like a little family. Our little family," she smiled. "Betty," Jughead sighed, making the blonde's smile fade. "Why would I ever say no to that?" he smiled, making Betty's eyes light up as she giggled, setting Juniper off her lap temporarily to hug him.

"So you'll do it? You'll help me raise the twins?" she asked. "Every day," he answered with a smile.