Blanket

Hey guys! So this will basically be a flashback, but with a current-day intro, so I'll let you guys know when it gets to the flashback. Also, it will just be one huge paragraph in italic. Just like "Not Fair To Her," the Core Three (Veronica's not in this one) are younger than in the show, so in here they are around 7 years old. Enjoy!

"Oh, Betty?" Jughead called from the hallway with a smile on his face and both of his hands behind his back. "Yeah?" called Betty as she stepped out into the hallway.

"I have a surprise for you!" Jughead said happily. Betty smiled as Jughead revealed the surprise. "Oh my God, is this the real one?" Betty asked with glee as she reached for her childhood blanket.

"The very same," Jughead responded with his smile even brighter than before. Betty hugged the blanket close to her chest and closed her eyes. "I still remember the night I lost it," she recalled.

Flashback

Archie, Betty, and Jughead decided to have a movie night in Jughead's tree house. Jughead set up the film reels and  set up the screen. This was basically when he knew he was destined to work at the Twilight Drive-In. As the move played, Betty curled up with her favorite blanket. It was a small, 18x18 fluffy sheer pink cloth that Betty loved dearly. As Betty sat in between Jughead and Archie, she started to get a little cold from the wind  and rain outside. "Are you okay, Betty? You're shivering," noticed Jughead. "I'm okay, just a little cold," Betty answered as Archie looked over at her. He could've been nice and gave her his jacket to wear, but instead it was Jughead who did that. He took his black jacket off of him and draped it across Betty's shoulders. "Thank you, Jughead," Betty thanked as Jughead told her she was welcome. The picture continued to play, and though Betty wasn't bored , she let out  a little yawn as she spread her blanket across her lap. She began pretty tired, and in her drowsy haze, she laid her head on Jughead's shoulder and closed her eyes. "Dude, I think she likes you," said Archie before in taking another handful of popcorn. Jughead would like to believe that, but inside, he knew the painful truth: Betty had a crush on Archie, not Jughead. 

When Alice came to pick Betty up, she left in a hurry, forgetting her blanket in the treehouse. It wound up hidden underneath a floor board space for years, but each day Betty looked for it, she couldn't find it. Every time she remembered the night she misplaced it, she thought about what happened with Jughead, and it made her smile. And for the time, she completely forgot about her missing blanket, and thought about Jughead.

Hey Guys! I know this was super short, I just thought this would be a cute little idea, and I wanted to see it come to life! Please let me know if you enjoyed it! Bye!