Bride

A deep breath escaped her lips. 

"You've got this," she whispered nervously to herself.

Standing in front of the tall, dark wood, closed doors, she prepared herself for the stares and unpredictability of what chaos could ensue.

Sweat formed on her hands as she wiped then on her silk white dress. Why was she nervous? This was the same man who'd loved her for all this time. The same man that said 'yes' when she got down on one knee and asked those four words.

The song began to play as the doors slowly opened. The burning feeling in Betty's chest intensified as she wore a smile and slowly made her way through the center aisle, clutching the white-pink-purple flowers that made up her bouquet tightly.

As she approached the place she was supposed to stand, she was faced with Jughead himself, wearing the brightest smile she'd ever seen. She chuckled and he did the same. "Hi," she whispered to him, smiling.

"Hey, what are you up to?" he joked in a replying whisper. "Oh, you know, just getting married," she replied in a whisper, giggling softly.

All of a sudden, it was time to speak their vows, which Betty went first. "Growing up together, you hope you have your best friends for the rest of your life. I was lucky. Not only did I keep my best friends," she started, looking around to see Veronica and Archie, who'd been there since childhood. 

"I was blessed with you being promoted from a childhood best friend to the love of my life. Everything you've done for me; whether it be supportive advice followed by an everlasting kiss or even just a look in my direction, it makes me realize just how lucky I am to have you in my life, and how lucky I am to call you mine."

Betty put her arm behind her, handing the bouquet to Veronica and then reaching out to hold Jughead's hands. "Well, I don't know how I'm supposed to top that," Jughead joked aloud, causing everyone to laugh, including Betty.

"It was never a debate; you are the only person who could ever steal my heart. In the beginning, I was constantly asking myself if I was even relatively close to being good enough for you. And when you cared enough to bare your scars to me, I knew that I loved you even more because of your imperfections, not in spite of them," Jughead spoke so profoundly, it made Betty tear up.

"And so, Betty Cooper..." his voice trailed, leading Betty to fill him in. "Jughead Jones..." And then the words they found themselves saying 15 times an hour were said once again by the two of them in unison: "I love you."

"Do you, Forsythe Pendleton Jones III, take Elizabeth Cooper to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?" asked the minister from the stand. "I do," responded Jughead. 

"And do you, Elizabeth Cooper, take Forsythe Pendelton Jones III to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?" he repeated. There was not a doubt in her mind. "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." They didn't need to be told twice; in fact, they barely let the minister finish before her arms were around his neck and his hands were on her hips, pulling each other in closer.

Cheers and applause erupted from every inch of the room. "Oh my God!" Betty exclaimed quietly once their lips were separated. "What? What is it?" Jughead asked. "My parents just watched us make out!" She laughed, blushing in the process. 

"Well, I hope they enjoyed the show!" Jughead joked in response as the two of them laughed. What a great start to a new life together!