Glass

Agere requested by marialouisa_x

TW: blood, accidental cuts

"I'll be back in twenty minutes, okay, babe?" Jughead said, his hand on the back of Betty's neck as he kissed the blonde's forehead. "Be safe," she said as he walked towards the door, taking his Serpent jacket from the coat rack and sliding his arms through the sleeves. "Always."

"Love you," Jughead said with a smile, looking over his shoulder with his hand on the doorknob. "Love you," Betty returned as she laid her head on the couch's armrest. Silence followed the front door closing until Betty sighed, cuddling herself into a ball.

Minutes went by and the loneliness led the blonde to start regressing as she woke up from the brief half-nap she'd fallen into. She yawned quietly, her arms stretching out as she sat up from her spot, looking at the time and putting it together that Jughead would be back in ten minutes. 

Betty sighed before her hand came to her throat, her mouth suddenly dry. She walked slowly over to the kitchen, looking up at the closed cabinets and trying to remember where her sippy cups were kept. 

Her memory failed her and the blonde figured it'd be better to look for herself, grabbing the kitchen step stool and helping herself up, finding the glass cabinet first. She shrugged to herself, figuring it wasn't that big of a deal and she could handle a glass. 

The blonde set it down on the counter before hopping off the stool and walking to the fridge to grab her juice. She poured it in her glass, occasionally spilling a few drops onto the counter before sitting beside the glass on the counter.

She took a few sips of apple juice before the glass slipped from her hands and shattered on both, the counter and the ground. A wave of panic ran through Betty as she tried to think of what to do, slowly starting to climb off of the counter.

As she moved on her side, a shard of glass caught her hip, making an incision on the blonde's skin and making her whimper softly. She stood on the step stool, trying to avoid the glass as she found her way to the ground. 

Betty immediately reached for the paper towels on the bar counter, bunching up and few sheets and placing them on her hip as tears found their way down her cheeks. Then, like some kind of miracle, the front door opened.

"Betts, what happened?" He asked, grabbing the broom from the closet as he made his way to the kitchen. "Da.." she started before her tears got the best of her and she was biting her lips down in pain.

Without even finishing her sentence, Jughead knew she was little and immediately put the pieces together, dropping the broom and walking around the glass to get to the blonde. "Come here, baby," he said gently, lifting her onto the center and taking the paper towels off of her hip.

He rinsed a piece under the sink and placed it on her hip carefully, wiping away the blood before reaching in the medicine cabinet for band-aids. "It's okay, angel. It's okay," Jughead said softly, putting the blonde at ease as he cleaned her up.

"Can you wait here for me?" he asked as he brought Betty back over to the couch. She nodded before laying her head on the armrest again. Jughead offered a small smile before turning back to the kitchen to take care of the broken glass.

---

Once he'd finished and the kitchen floor was no longer a hazard, he took the blonde in his arms, cuddling her on the couch and making sure she wasn't in any pain before kissing her forehead and saying, "I'm so sorry that happened, babygirl."

Betty only shrugged and turned her head to look at him, her eyes clearly holding a sadness of some sort. "It's okay now, baby. I've got you," he whispered, kissing the crown of her head as she laid her head on his arm. "You're okay. I've got you."