How It Ends ("Broken" Part 4)

Song Credit: "Jigsaw" by Charity Farrell & Lili Reinhart

TW: blood, suicide, mention of medication

Betty's POV

We talked it over.

We made our decision.

Today we would end it all.

The real Romeo and Juliet.

"Are you...ready for this?" I asked, setting the water bottles on my bed beside our full bottles of pain killers. "Are you?" Jughead responded, picking up the box of razor blades.

I nodded.

"I don't want to hurt you, Jug," I added, shifting my gaze from the blades to him. "I'll be okay," he responded. "I'll be okay." I took the pain killer bottle in my hand, hearing the tablets skae on the inside. Jughead grabbed his, too.

I handed him a watter botle as he opened the cap a took a drink. I did the same, keeping the water within my mouth as I opened the bottle of pills. We looked at each other for a second forconfirmation and then we took half the pills in our bottles, swallowing all before taking another drink and the oter half.

We cried silently as we put down both bottles. Then he held out his hand and I rolled up both my sleeves. He picked up his blade and kissed my forearm before holding it, slowly putting the blade to my skin. And then he cut a gash from my arm crease to the heel of my hand. I quietly whimpered in responde to the pain before he did the same to my other arm.

He slowly handed me the blade, mummering apologizies as he rolled up his sleeves. I repeated the process on him, kissing each arm before tearing them open. We laid down together, repeating, "I love you," and waiting for death to claim us-- what we've wanted for so long.

We kissed each other repetitively, covered in blood and tears of our own and each other's, feeling like the whole world would collapse with us.

And then I noticed he stopped breathing.

And I was proud of him.

And then, I was terrified.

And then, I was jealous.

And then, I was happy.

And then, I was dead.