Crayons

This chapter is just going to be a note that Jughead wrote for Betty. I'm not sure if this is actually the base root of the origin story of how Betty and Jughead met, but I've heard it in multiple fanfics, and if I hear common threads, I automatically take it as gospel truth. It will have the same concept, but with my own spin of things. Enjoy!

Betty,

Do you remember that day we met? We were at Riverdale Elementary School, it was the first day, and you skipped into class with your older sister, who I soon learned to be Polly Cooper. She assured you there was nothing to be nervous about and encouraged you to make friends. With your golden pigtails and adorable eyes, it was impossible for anyone to not want to be your friend. Polly hugged you tightly and left a kiss on the top of your head. I remember wishing that I was the one kissing you. Once she left for the 1st-grade hall, you slowly made your way into the classroom, looking a bit less confident. I wanted to walk up and introduce myself, but some certain redhead beat me to it. You exchanged hello's and introduced yourselves to one another. "Hi, I'm Archie Andrews.''  "Hello, Archie. I'm Betty Cooper." Even as a kindergartener, I remember thinking to myself, "Betty, what a beautiful name for something you want to love." Anyway, time skip. It was recess, and all the kids were outside on the playground, but I wasn't. I was inside, sitting at a table, coloring a picture when you walked in to grab your coat. It was cold outside, and your sleeves were only shoulder length. I was coloring something with a black crayon and it snapped in two. I was so upset, I almost cried. But then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to face you and you had the warmest, brightest smile. "Here."  You said softly, handing your own black crayon to me. "Are you sure?" I asked. You confirmed your generosity with a smile, and I hesitantly grabbed the crayon from your tiny hand. "I'm Betty. What's your name?" You greeted. I gulped before answering. "That's such a handsome name,"  You said. I was surprised at how kind you were. "Really? The other kids would always make fun of me," I shared. "I would never make fun of you," You promised as you pulled out the chair next to me and sat down. You pulled a piece of blank paper out of the stack on the table and pulled out your box of crayons that was missing a black one. "Can we be friends?" I asked, maybe a little too desperate. "Of course! I could introduce you to my other friend, Archie, and all three of us could be best friends forever!" You exclaimed as you continued drawing a flower. I chuckled. I thought, "God, how lucky am I to be friends with this little ray of sunshine?" The next day, I found a folded paper in my cubby. I unfolded it. It was the flower you had been drawing the day before with the words "From: Betty" and "To: Jughead" written at the bottom. 

So now you get to read this with the words "To: Betty" and "From: Jughead" at the bottom.