That Night It Was Storming

lemme preface this by clarifying that they're not dating in this one, but it's up to interpretation whether this is seen as platonic or romantic. also, if you don't get S1 vibes from this, you read it wrong, lmao. enjoy!

The raindrops left goosebumps in their wake as they clung to the clothes of Betty and Jughead, both hurrying up the small steps to the Jones' trailer. "Here, let me," Jughead mumbled, reaching over to the lightswitch as he stood half-in, half-out the door, Betty proceeding him with her arms crossed and teeth chattering.

Finally, the cold breezes stopped blowing in as the tin door was closed, the Jones boy throwing his rain-drenched jacket to lay over the recliner before making his way to Betty, helping her out of the pastel pink trenchcoat she was draped in. 

"Might help warm you up if you're not wrapped in damp clothes," he chuckled, hanging her coat on the rack by the door, "Yeah, thanks." she smiled, her thin white shirt nearly seethrough with stains of rain.

"You want one of my shirts? Maybe some sweatpants too?" Jughead offered as Betty looked up, her eyes slightly lightened as she slightly shook her head, ponytail swaying as she said, "Oh, you don't have to, it's okay."

"I won't push it, but if you want some warmer clothes..." he trailed off with a small smile, walking past the kitchen. "I mean," Betty paused, looking down and then up slowly. "If you wouldn't mind."

Jughead chuckled as she followed him into his four-walled room, old movie posters from the Twilight Drive-In littering the walls while a blue flannel comforter dressed his bed. "Here, these good?" he asked, coming out of one of his dresser drawers with a folded pair of pajama pants under one of his T-shirts. 

"Yeah, thank you," she replied before turning around, her back to her best friend as she peeled the long-sleeve shirt from her stomach, arms, and chest, looking over her shoulder timidly, catching the eye of the Jones boy who was digging through his dresser once more, this time for clothes of his own. 

"Oh, sorry, did you want me to leave? I can--" "No, it's okay. I just was just wondering if you could hand me that shirt," Betty interrupted with a small smile, motioning to her pajamas for the night as they laid near the edge of Jughead's bed. 

"Oh, yeah, sure," he answered, handing her the shirt and going back to his dresser as freezing hands unclasped her nude-shaded bra, allowing the straps to fall from her shoulders before slipping the gray shirt marked with a capital letter 'S' over her head. 

Betty turned back around with a hand on her ponytail, easing the holder out of her blonde locks and putting the band around her wrist before reaching for the pajama pants on the bed. Jughead slipped his damp shirt over her head as Betty's hands went for the button of her jeans, trying to tug the denim off her pale skin before dressing herself in soft cotton.

"Hopefully, that rain clears up tomorrow," Betty sighed, sitting where her folded sleepwear once was and slipping off her flats, grateful her no-show socks weren't drenched from walking on puddled concrete.

"I can take you home in the morning if the road isn't so flooded," Jughead offered, pulling out a dry pair of boxer shorts to replace the ones he had on as Betty gave him the respect of looking away. "You think we could catch breakfast first?" she asked, looking back at him as she saw him walk towards his nightstand in the corner of her eye.

With a lighthearted scoff, Jughead replied with a simple, "Always," as he plugged his phone in. Betty smiled as she stretched out her arms and yawned, "You're the best." Jughead shook his head slightly, still with a smile, and folded back the comforter of the left side of the bed.

"You wanna take that side?" Jughead asked as Betty looked at the pillow on her side. "Yeah, that's good," she replied, standing up. "You're not expecting me to tuck you in, are you, Cooper?" he asked with a sly smile as the blonde shrugged and chuckled through her words. 

"I'm not asking, but if you feel so inclined, I won't stop you." Nevertheless, she pulled back the sheets and got herself into bed, laying on her side with her back facing Jughead, who was laying on his. "G'night, Betts," he said, reaching over to flick off his light. 

"Night, Jug," Betty returned, knowing that he was only laying here because she was and he'd be on his phone for the next two hours as she slept. Content with thought and cuddled up amongst the sheets and blankets, Betty closed her eyes as silence settled over the room.

After a few minutes of silence and shivers, Betty finally got up the nerve to speak up. "Hey, Jug?" she asked, prompting the Jones boy to look away from his phone and at the blonde beside him. "I'm still kinda cold." 

The next thing she heard was his phone being set on the nightstand as the glow from his screen left the ceiling before a warm hand draped over her shoulder and another made its way under her side. 

The blonde smiled into the warmth Jughead's body provided as he pushed her back to fit against his chest, his hands holding each other over her stomach while he smiled and said, "I thought you'd say that."