Daddy

It all started with a joke.

Walking into Betty's room wasn't anything out of the ordinary for Jughead. In fact, it was almost his normalcy. Only one thing stood out this time. "Your room is so...pink," he said, looking around and smiling to himself.

"Is this really something new, Jug? You've been in here almost every day and you now notice this?" Betty replied with a smile. "Well no, I've seen it before. Looking into it, though," he paused, taking a look at Betty's closet and seeing all the pastel clothes.

He even looked at her, clad in a light pink sweater and white skirt, before continuing. "You almost seem to be surrounded by pink." Betty shrugged. "I don't know. I kinda like it."

"Well, it'd definitely fit if you were a regressor," He joked, causing both Betty and himself to laugh, Betty being the loudest, definitely taking it as much funnier than the teen intended it to be.

After being able to calm down, Betty kept her smile, saying, "I don't know, you tell me..." she paused before addressing him as "...Daddy." "Oh my God, Betts," he smiled and chuckled, placing a hand on his girlfriend's shoulder as she laughed at her own address before being pulled into a kiss.

---

So that became their little game. Betty tried to fit that little five-letter word anywhere she could around him; saying it casually after a quick peck on the cheek, adding it to the end of every "Good morning" or "Goodnight" text.

Betty even went as far as to change Jughead's contact name in her phone to, you guessed it, "Daddy." It was a bit harder to explain when he called her while Betty's phone was screen up on the table as Veronica sat next to her.

"You call your dad 'Daddy,' too?" She asked, quizzically. Betty smiled and put the phone on speaker, answering, "Hi, Daddy," almost seductively. "Betty, are you still on that?" Jughead asked, chuckling through the phone.

Betty didn't even have to look up to see Veronica's reaction; jaw dropped, eyes wide, a gasp caught in her throat, yet a smile-ish form on her painted lips. "You're on speaker and I'm with Veronica, so careful," Betty warned with a smile.

"You're warning me? You're on speaker and I'm with Archie. It probably wasn't the smartest move to answer the phone like that." "Wait, we're both on speaker?" Betty asked. "Yep, so no phone sex today, Betts." All four teens couldn't help but laugh at that.

"Seriously, I mean it. Behave yourself," Jughead added another joke. Betty looked at Veronica and with some secret, B and V telepathy, Betty told Veronica her next line. Veronica nodded rapidly, smiling, but not quite believing the blonde would say it. But she did.

"No promises, Daddy."

And she hung up. Just like that. No hesitation or waiting for a reaction, she just ended the call and began laughing her heart out alongside her best friend. "So you guys are...experimenting?" asked Veronica "Oh my God, Ronnie, no. I promise, it's just a joke," Betty swore.

But was it only a joke?