Silk ("Sleepovers & Secrets" Part 3)

Have I mentioned that my history teacher is named Mr. Jones? Anyway, here's this, enjoy!

Betty's POV

"Ugh," I sighed, walking through the front door after my long night shift, working at Pop's. Immediately, I looked down at the floor where there was a trail of white rose petals, leading up the stairs. I chuckled and set my bag down, following the trail. I reached the second banister as the rose trail continued into my room, up my bed where there was a present box.

I just smiled and teared up, picking up the note on top of it, which was clearly in Jug's writing. The note read, "Sleep tight, angel," which perked my curiosity. A hint, maybe? I untied the bow on the top and watched the thick ribbon fall off the sides.

I opened the lid and gasped at what was inside: new silk bedsheets. "Aw, Jug," I said aloud. I've wanted these for a long time, but I knew silk was way too expensive. "How did he know?" I started to ask myself. "And where did he get the money?"

I pulled my phone out of pocket and called Jughead, smiling as I brought it to my ear. "Hey, Betty--" "Get over here now," I interrupted, smiling. I heard a small laugh on the other line followed by the words, "I'll be over in ten," before the phone call ended.

I looked at the box again, taking out the transparent, plastic cover and unzipping it. I reached my hand inside and sighed when I felt the silk; it was real. How the literal hell did he get or afford this?

I sat on my bed on texting Veronica

Me: You'll never guess what Jug got me.

Veronica: What did he get you?

I took a picture of the sheets in the package and sent it to her.

Veronica: Oh my God, how did he know?!?!? 😱😱

Me: I have no idea!

Veronica: He even got the color right!

Me: I know! Like, hello, mindreader!

Veronica: You guys are totally gonna do it in those tonight 😏

Me: 🙄

Me:  But how did he afford real silk bedsheets?

Veronica: 🤷🏻

I put my phone back into my pocket and stood up, beginning to strip my bed of its floral quilt and white bedsheets, also taking the pillowcases off the pillows and throwing them into a pile on my floor. "Got my presents, I see," I heard from behind me.

I whipped around immediately, jumping onto my boyfriend and wrapping my legs around his waist as he rushed to put his hands on my legs to hold me up while I kissed him like no tomorrow. 

He slowly started walking towards my bed, dropping me down onto it as I squealed and giggled in response, pulling him down with my legs so that he was hovering above me. I kissed him repetitively and when I finally calmed down, we both looked at each other with smiles.

"So I take it you like it?" he joked. I giggled and said, "I love it, Juggie. Thank you," I replied, my hands resting on both sides of his jawline. "How did you possibly afford it?" I asked as he helped me up and started taking out the sheets to put on my mattress.

"Hey, don't worry about that. What matters is that you're happy," Jughead replied, handing me a corner of the first sheet. "Go to that side," I directed, pointing to the opposite side of me. Once we finally put the last corner under my mattress, I went back to the box for the pillowcases while Jug grabbed the sheet. 

He tucked the bottom underneath the foot of my bed as I dressed my pillows in their new silk covers, setting them at the top. Once it was finished, Jug came over to me a put his arm around my waist and pulled me in, which I didn't refute; our lips connecting like magnets.

"I'd hate to sleep in these new sheets alone tonight," I said, running my fingers through his hair after we let go of each others' lips. "Then you should invite Veronica to spend the night," Jughead joked in response. 

I rolled my eyes and sighed, a smile on my lips at his comment as I replied, "No! I'm inviting you to spend the night," I replied, lightly tugging on the collar of his jacket. "Please?" I asked, giving him puppy dog eyes and pouting my lip slightly.

"Well, how can I say no when you do that?" he asked, smiling. "You can't," I replied simply. "If you insist--" "Yay!" I said happily, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him tightly. "Okay, first, we need to get you out of these work clothes and get you into something more comfortable," Jug said, going over to my dresser as I went to take my ponytail out and my makeup off in my bathroom.

Jughead's POV

As I was looking through Betty's dresser for her pajamas, I found the notebook. It was in a drawer with her Little Dress and a box. "Guess it's best not to snoop," I told myself as I closed the drawer but took a mental note of where it is.

I finally found a pair of her pajama pants and looked around for a shirt for her. I chuckled as I found one of my shirts that had been missing for a while. I walked into her her bathroom as she messed around with her hair that was now out of its ponytail.

"I found these for you," I said with the sleepwear folded in my hands. She turned around saying, "Oh, thank you," her voice lowering as she saw my shirt in toip. "So I see you found that," she said sheepishly, her cheeks becoming bright red.

"Keep it," I said, handing her the clothes. "Thank you," she mouthed as I gave her privacy to change. Once her bathroom door was closed, I went back to that drawer and took out her notebook. I flipped to teh right page and took note of one particular detail: 

"The morning light was exposed through the windows lining the walls."

"Morning light." It can't be tonight. 

Another detail caught my eye:  "The straps of my nightgown were falling down, down, down..." Betty didn't have a nightgown to wear, which is why the next morning while Betty was still fast asleep, I slipped out to go buy her a new silk nightgown.