Babygirl

I'm not giving up agere oneshots anytime soon. Enjoy!

The morning was bright with sunshine and the room was quiet until Betty came in, incompletely dressed with her usual ponytail already done, in only her white sweater and skirt, hands behind her trying to grab the straps of her floral, overall-like skirt. 

"Daddy, I need help with this," she said, coming over to Jughead. "Okay, babygirl, let me see here," he replied, grabbing the dangling fabric from behind Betty. "Do you want it crossed in the back or straight?" Jughead asked, waiting for a response.

"Straight," she answered, and he obliged, aligning the straps over their respective buttons on the front of Betty's skirt and attaching them to the big, black buttons. "There, baby. You look," Jughead paused in search of the right adjective. 

"Beautiful. You look beautiful, babygirl," he said proudly with a smile, kissing the blonde's forehead as she giggled. "Thank you, Daddy," she blushed before skipping away to complete her outfit. 

---

Betty came into the pale kitchen, now with her sheer white knee-high socks, topped with a silky white bow, and sat at the table while Jughead stood at the sink, washing and cutting strawberries. 

He turned slightly, looking over his shoulder at her as she set her arm on the table, resting her head on her hand. "Are you okay, Betts?" Jughead asked. Betty perked back up, saying, "Yes Daddy." He smiled at her response and returned to his task, replying, "Okay, babygirl. Whatever you say."

Finishing the last strawberry, Jughead came over and sat the small bowl on the table in front of Betty before walking over to the other counter and grabbing her favorite Hello Kitty coloring book and a box of Crayola crayons.

"You seemed bored, so I thought this would help," he said. "Thank you, Daddy," she smiled, flipping open her book and taking a strawberry from the bowl. "Of course, babygirl," Jughead replied, sitting in the chair across from Betty. 

"Daddy, you're too far away!" she said, putting her arms across the table to reach for him. "Well, where do you suggest I sit, Betts?" he joked, grabbing a strawberry. Betty stood up and pointed to her chair. "Here," she said. And with a chuckle, Jughead stood up and walked over.

He sat down and noticed how Betty was still standing beside the chair, so Jughead grabbed her waist and pulled her onto him and she giggled, placing herself on his lap. "Close enough for you, baby?" he asked gently. Betty nodded as an answer and picked up her pink crayon, coloring in Hello Kitty's bow. 

She looked up momentarily, picking another strawberry out of the bowl. "Share, babygirl," Jughead advised as Betty brought the berry closer to her. She handed it to him and said, "Sorry, Daddy." "Good girl," Jughead smiled before kissing Betty's cheek and saying, "Thank you, baby."

She giggled again as he placed the strawberry between his lips, realizing something as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Where's your beanie, Daddy?" Betty asked, tilting her head in confusion slightly. "It's in the bedroom," Jughead answered as Betty stood up. 

"Could you pretty please get it for me, Daddy?" she asked, her fingers intertwining in front of her. "Of course, baby," he replied, getting up and walking past the blonde to the room.

---

When Jughead came back, Betty was nowhere in sight. "Betty?" he called out before hearing the familiar sound of Betty's giggling from behind the kitchen island. He chuckled to himself and realized the game she was playing. "Where did Betty go?" Jughead asked, walking around the kitchen. 

"Well, she's not in the pantry," he said, closing the pantry door. He walked around the kitchen and looked at the table where Betty had left her snack and coloring book and smiled to himself again, hearing her trying to contain her laughter from the other side of the kitchen. 

Jughead quietly made his way over to the island, waiting for a moment in silence before turning the small corner and saying, "I found you!" Betty playfully screamed and grabbed his hands when he offered to help her up. 

She jumped up as he pulled her up to stand, wrapping his arms around her. Betty looked up and smiled until she noticed Jughead still wasn't wearing his beanie. "I thought you went to grab your beanie. Where is it, Daddy?" she asked again. "You mean this beanie?" he clarified, holding it up. 

Betty looked over and smiled, nodding and giggling, "Yes, that one, Daddy." Jughead smiled and placed it over her ponytail, adjusting it accordingly and making sure it wouldn't fall off before she lifted her head and latched her lips with his.  

When they departed, Betty kissed him twice more, smiling as Jughead picked her up and carried her back over to the table, sitting down and putting Betty on his lap, asking, "You still have some strawberries left, so do you wanna share them while you color?" 

She nodded in response and picked up a green crayon, coloring in the leaves of a tree while he took a few strawberries from the bowl for both of them. 

---

When night came, Betty pulled back the covers on her side of the bed, laying down and getting comfortable as Jughead set his beanie on his nightstand and did the same. "I really appreciate you taking care of me today, Jug," she said, now out of her Little Space. 

"Of course, Betts. You know I always will," he replied, one hand reaching for his girlfriend's and the other going to turn off the lamp. Once the darkness filled the room, Betty cuddled up to Jughead and kissed him tenderly, saying, "I love you, Juggie." He smiled and replied, "I love you, babygirl."