Charles Xavier- Here, Let Me See (c)

Your eyes shot open as your scream escaped from your lungs. Sweat coated your body as you thrashed in the covers trying to get away from what restrained you. Your wrists were pinned to your pillow.

Looking around the darkness you could see Charles sat next to your bed in his wheelchair looking concerned. Leaning over you was Erik holding your arms down, whilst Hank stood nervously by the door.

The air was bitter and every belonging in the room was covered in a thick layer of snow, even the three men had snow on them. It was a peculiar sight for the middle of May.

In recent months this had become a normal occurrence to wake up to the three men around you trying to stop you from doing any major damage to the building or yourself.

"Hey. Y/N, calm down," Erik spoke calmly.

"Why is it so cold?" You whispered through sobs.

"You had a nightmare my love. You lost control of your powers in your sleep," Charles explained.

Erik released your arms as your heart rate settled and your breathing became comfortable again. He took a step back looking concerned but leaving room for Charles to move closer to you.

"I'm sorry for waking you. I'm sorry for the snow. I'm so sorry," you whimpered trying not to let any more tears to fall.

Charles reached out to hold your hand. He was always able to comfort you no matter what was wrong, and his warm hand wrapped around your frozen one was comforting and reassuring that everything would be fine.

Since Erik had returned all you feared was that he'd go against Charles again. It had happened too many times and it seemed like a reoccurring moment. You loved Erik like a brother and you wanted to trust him, and you did when you were conscious. But every night you had flashes back to when he turned against you, the damage he did to your friends, and then you could see everything happening again but not ending on as good of terms as it had before.

"What was your nightmare about?" Charles asked.

"It was the same again but this time Erik killed you. He wouldn't listen and I couldn't do anything. My powers wouldn't work and I was so helpless," you said.

Your words were weak and you felt like you couldn't control anything anymore. As soon as you closed your eyes you were a prisoner in your own mind and you could differentiate the difference between the truth and the lies your brain created.

"I'd never kill Charles," Erik stated.

"You paralyzed him. You tried to kill us all. You tried to wipe out the human race as well. Who knows what you're capable of," you spat, not even considering your words before they escaped.

Erik looked offended and the other two men had no clue what to say to your comment.

"I'm sorry Erik. I can't say that I didn't mean what I said as what you did was unforgivable, but we are your friends, your family and it just hurts that on more than one occasion you turned your back on us. And I don't know why this plagues my sleep, but I want to find a solution and I just want everything to become normal," you said apologetically.

"It's okay," Erik shrugged, still with a pained expression on his face.

"I'm sorry. I don't know how to control these nightmares. They are so real and they take control of me," you whispered.

Charles squeezed your hand softly.

"Do you want me to-" Charles trailed off.

He never liked to actually ask to go inside your head however he wanted to help and he wasn't going to do so without your permission.

"Please," you whispered.

"Get comfortable," Charles smiled softly.

You slid back under the covers resting your head to your pillow. It wasn't the best place to sleep seen as it was freezing from the snow, and your bedding was becoming damp from the ice and snow melting.

Charles rested a hand on the side of your face. His thumb brushed under your eye removing the last couple of tears that hung around.

"Here, let me see," he said in a quiet tone.

His eyes closed as he made his way into your thoughts helping give you happy scenes for you to dream about.

As you began to drift off into slumber, you could hear two of them to leave.

"Goodnight my love," you heard Charles speak as he pressed a kiss the back of your hand before leaving the room once more.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.