Bucky Barnes- Dead: Part 2 (h)

Saying that you were okay and that you were coping, both of those would be understatements. Basically, you had been a wreck; you and your brother were extremely close and you never once fought with each other, apart from play fights.

It was hard to come to terms with the fact that Ben was gone; you could still hear his laugh and picture his smile. You knew you would have memories but you wished more than anything that he would appear on your doorstep completely unharmed.

You didn't feel like Ben's death had processed through your mind, it still felt like he would be home any day now. However, in reality, he would never be coming home and that was something that made you feel dead.

It had been a month since you had received the devastating news, Lucas had returned home a matter of days ago along with Ben's body that had been sent home for burial, as well as allowing you and your parents to say goodbye.

Today was the funeral – you wanted to go and you knew that with Bucky's support, you could get through it. You knew, that this was the only way you would be able to say goodbye to Ben properly.

You wanted to see Lucas more than anyone else; you knew that Lucas would be feeling guilty because Ben died saving him. You didn't want Lucas to feel guilty; Lucas was an amazing guy with one of the largest hearts of gold ever.

You adjusted your dress for the final time; Bucky appeared at the doorway of your bedroom "Come on Doll, it's time" he said with a soft voice "Okay. I can do this" you re-assured yourself as you walked towards Bucky "Everything will be completely fine" he said placing his hands on your shoulders "I love you Y/N. I will be with you throughout all these hardships in life" he smiled at you as he spoke.

"Even though I never met your brother, I know what a genuine and incredible guy he was. He wouldn't want you to be upset, he would want you to smile and remember all the lovely memories you have together" his small speech made your eyes water ever so slightly.

You never thought that you could miss someone as much as you missed your brother. He was your rock for the majority of your life, he was your protector against all the douche bags, he was the amusement when you were sad – he was the best brother you could have ever asked for.

He may have been dead but he was not forgotten.  

~*~

Written by Hannah.