Clint Barton- Accident (c)

Your eyes flickered open. Pain shuddered through you. From the needle in your forearm, you knew you were being given some form of pain medication, which only made you shudder at the thought of what it'd feel like without that handling some of the pain. You let out a groan as you attempted to move but it made you just feel worse.

Looking down at yourself you were in a hospital gown in a bed. Your left arm was in a cast, and your right had the IV attached to it. Your leg had a bandage wrapped on it, and something restrained your middle. Although you didn't know if anything was applied to your head, the pain in it made you assume there must have been some damage there.

Groaning again and shifting you woke up the main who had slumped over to rest his head next to you on the bed.

He let out an odd snort, as he looked at you.

"Y/N, you're awake," He stated, "are you okay?"

"Fuck I feel like I got hit by a car... Wait I did? And it was your car?" You groaned.

Guilt instantly washed over his face. You knew it was an accident, but it didn't mean you couldn't make him suffer for a moment. You were after all hauled up in a hospital due to the mistake.

"I'm so sorry Y/N/N. I didn't see you and I was in a rush. I forgot we were going together, and that you were walking behind the car, I just reversed. I was scared you were going to be severely injured or worse. You've broken a couple of ribs and your arm, along with some damage to your muscle in your leg. The doctor can explain better than I can," He said softly, grasping the hand not being supported in the sling, "I've never been so scared in my life. And that is saying a lot, especially seen as I've had Natasha angry at me on numerous occasions, including when I phoned her about what happened to you."

You let out a soft laugh, instantly regretting it as it shot pain through you, "well she is one of my best friends, I'm sure she was pissed that my boyfriend tried to kill me."

He frowned at you, lifting your hand to kiss it softly.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I am never going to forgive myself," He whispered, "I love you so much, I could never lose you."

"Really?" You practically gasped.

"Yes. Why the surprised tone?" He frowned.

"Well you're such an... emotionally constipated wreck," you laughed softly.

He rolled his eyes at you.

"Well you definitely put me through the ringer emotionally. I've never cried so much. And I've never feared for someone so much," He said in a mere whisper.

It was so unlike him, but it was comforting to finally realise your boyfriend wasn't a robot due to his lack of emotional capability.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.