Ben Grimm- Rescue (h)

One Word Prompt- 24. Rescue

This morning you had been in a rush to leave the BaxterBuilding. For some reason your alarm hadn't gone off at its usual time, Ben didn't manage to wake you up either, all the hot water had been used by Reed and Sue so your shower was ice cold and then you were almost late getting to college.

You swore nothing had gone your way so far. It was like karma was out to get you or something. College wasn't exactly something you enjoyed but it had to be done if you wanted to get a proper career.

It was alright for the likes of Ben, Reed, Johnny and Sue because of their abilities. Not everyone were like them, you weren't like them which is why you went to college.

Pretty self explanatory, right? You thought so but Johnny never was able to grasp the fact why you went to college when Ben could easily support the two of you; funnily enough, you didn't want to sit around the house bored all day, that wasn't your style.

Currently you were going through your bag trying to find your laptop that had practically every single piece of work and notes for every lecture you had, including the one that you had in about half an hour. After another 5 minutes of searching you had come to the conclusion that you had left it back at the BaxterBuilding.

You took out your phone and scrolled through your contacts until you found Ben's. You figured if you called him he would be able to bring it down to you quicker than you going all the way home to get it and to then come all the way back to college.

(Y - Y/N~B - Ben)

B - Hello?

Thankfully Ben picked up; if he hadn't then you had no clue what you would've done.

Y - Ben?

B - What's wrong?

You smiled to yourself slightly; Ben always thought the worst when you called him.

Y - Nothing bad but is my laptop in our room?

You heard doors opening and closing so you assumed that Ben was moving through the BaxterBuilding towards your room that was the biggest of the rooms considering the size of the bed you needed as Ben wasn't the average male size.

Despite what most people thought about him, you didn't think that there was anything wrong with Ben. His ability makes him even more unique than he was before the accident, you were in love with him before the accident and your love never left.

B - Yes, it's on your desk.

Y - Damn it. I need it for the next lecture.

B - Why didn't you call me earlier?

Y - Because I didn't need it earlier. This is my first actual lecture of the day.

B - Okay. Do you want me to bring it to you?

Y - You are a lifesaver. Thank you.

B - No problem Sweetheart. I will be there as soon as I can.

You always knew Ben would come to your rescue with anything.

~*~

Written by Hannah.