Steve Rogers- Anon

You had no energy. You felt completely drained and you didn't think anything would get better. You didn't know how long you had been here, you had blacked out on more than one occasion, and each day seemed to just blend into the next seen as you had nothing to signify the different days for you.

Just today you would never forget. The two large metal doors were knocked from the hinges, the loud clatter didn't make you flinch. You could barely breathe let alone feel fear at the moment. At this current point whatever broke the door was more likely to be better than the endless tests you were forced to endure.

The man who broke down the door appeared and instantly you knew who it was. You expected that you would blame him. It was completely justifiable as to why you would blame him, it was kind of his fault you were here, but you knew he'd be the one to save you and you could never put all your pain on one person as blame, he didn't inflict it, he wasn't here for any of it.

Soon enough everyone was unconscious on the floor, although you were sure from what happened to some of them they probably weren't going to ever become conscious again.

The man's eyes flashed to yours, rushing over. He broke the chains off of yours carrying your limp body from the building as darkness consumed you.

~*~

You woke up in a hospital bed with the man sat next to you asleep with his head on the bed. Lightly you nudged him waking him up.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Thank you," you croaked.

He smiled warmly, "you don't need to thank me. What's your name?"

"Y/N. Y/N Y/L/N."

"I'm Steve Rogers. What were they doing to you Y/N? The doctors looked over you and you have many injuries and have had many chemicals put into your body, but we can't determine what they did," he said softly.

"I know who you are Mr Rogers. You. They wanted you," you whispered.

"What do you mean they wanted me?" he asked looking confused.

"HYDRA. They wanted to make a super soldier like you. No one knows how to create another you, so they were testing different serums on me, doing anything they could to make me into a super soldier, but they are no closer to the answer than they were when they kidnapped me," you groaned trying to move in the bed, "they have no idea how to create a super soldier serum without killing the subject. I've been there for nine years, I've seen so many people come in and be killed by their games and experiments."

He gave you a pitiful look.

"It's okay. You don't have to talk about it if you aren't comfortable with it. I am so sorry to be the root of all of this," he said softly.

"Don't blame yourself. I won't lie I blamed you first of all, even Dr Bruce Banner, because he fucked up his version of the serum. But it isn't either of your faults. It's no one's fault but those bastards. You couldn't have done anything, if they caught you they'd just torture you, and experiment on you until they got the answers they desired. They are sick men. But I have no way of emphasising how grateful I am that you saved me from them," you said trying to give him a reassuring smile.

"You are a very strong person Y/N," he smiled.

~*~*~*~

A/N-

Hello.

This was requested by an anon on tumblr. If you would like to request an imagine then PM me or comment or message me on my tumblr (blog-of-a-multitude-of-fandoms).

Thank you

Charlotte.