Peter Parker- Surprise (h)

You ran a hand through your hair as you became more and more frustrated with your boyfriend and the argument that the two of you were currently having.

For the past few weeks Peter has been coming home late and you don't understand why because he won't tell you why. At first you had just planned on asking him about it rather calmly but that wasn't how it went at all, you asked him the question and he answered annoyed so you started to shout and it kind of went from there.

You didn't live in your own apartment, you lived with Peter and his Aunt May at the house that he has always lived in. You moved in there about 4 years ago now because your parents moved away but you didn't want to go with them so Aunt May suggested, as you were already dating Peter, that you move in with the two of them.

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND PETER" you shouted and your boyfriend scoffed "WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND Y/N? THE FACT THAT I DON'T NEED TO TELL YOU WHY I COME HOME LATE" his voice held so much hatred "YES PETER. THAT" you shouted now glaring at him "WE HAVE BEEN DATING FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND YET YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE LATE AT NIGHT" when you finished your rant he looked taken aback.

He sighed and ran his hand over his face "I CAN'T TELL YOU Y/N!! I WISH I COULD BUT I CAN'T" he shouted right back at you and you felt like breaking down right then and there.

You couldn't understand why Peter wouldn't tell you. You hadn't been able to understand at all and you just wish he would tell you. Isn't that what you are supposed to do in a relationship? Tell each other what is going on and explain to them how things have been for you.

Peter used to do that, honestly he did but he just hasn't been the same for the past few weeks. You were hoping that talking to him about it would make him tell you but you knew this screaming match wasn't the way to do it however neither of you liked to back down from an argument.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?" a new voice shouted and you looked to the doorway whilst Peter turned around and both of you paled at the person who was stood at the doorway.

Aunt May was stood there with her arms crossed and she did not look impressed "Uh, hi Aunt May" Peter said waving slightly sheepishly "I am not impressed with you two" she said and you didn't know about Peter but you definitely felt like a little child being told off by its mother.

You sighed "Sorry Aunt May" you said and she nodded "You two go upstairs and TALK like civilised people" she said giving the both of you pointed looks.

You and Peter walked upstairs to the room that you shared and you sat on the bed whilst Peter decided to stay standing "I'm sorry Pete. I wasn't planning on that turning into an argument" you said as you sighed for probably the fiftieth time today "I guess I was just more upset by this than I was letting on" you looked at your hands in your lap as you spoke.

Peter sat down next to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder "Baby, I didn't want to tell you because I wanted it to be a surprise" he said as you cuddled up closer to him.

"I have been coming home late because I have been working more hours so that I can save up to get us a place of our own" his voice held kindness now and you smiled "I had no idea Pete" you looked up at him and he chuckled.

"That's because I wanted it to be a surprise"

~*~

Written by Hannah.