Steve Rogers- Doormat (c)

You were going to go downstairs to get your mail. Today you didn't have work, and you didn't really care if your neighbours saw in you your pyjamas. Most of them were quite old or like yourself single women.

Your pyjamas were messy and your hair was still out of place from your sleep. Slipping on some odd socks you made you way to the front door of your apartment. You grabbed your keys from the side, seen as the building wasn't the most trustworthy.

Opening the door, you looked down to see the doormat missing- again. This was the fourth time this month your doormat had gone missing. You kept buying new ones but soon after you put the new one there, it had gone missing again.

"Who the fuck keeps stealing my doormat?"

Your words slipped out louder and more violently than you expected it to. You were quite annoyed by loss of your doormat but you didn't really want to have to shout that.

As you looked up from the bare floor you saw your new neighbour. You had spoken to your neighbour Sharon recently and she told you that a new 'hot' guy had moved onto your floor of the apartment building. You hadn't met him, well until now.

"Hello," you smiled.

The man was tall and very well built. You recognised him from somewhere but you couldn't pin point where from.

"Hi," he stated.

"I'm sorry for my outburst. Someone keeps taking my doormat. I have no idea who, or why, but it's slightly annoying," you sighed trying to explain yourself, "I'm sorry for being so rude I'm Y/N, I don't think we've had the pleasure to meet each other yet."

He stepped away from his door putting his hand out for you to shake.

"I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your doormat," he smiled.

"Not the best first impression, of your neighbour shouting about her doormat being taken," you chuckled softly before realising something, "And I'm in my pyjamas."

He smiled softly.

"It's okay honestly. I've had worst first impressions. I can understand your annoyance, and you look very beautiful even in pyjamas."

You could feel your cheeks heating up at his comment. At least your impression of him was a lot better than his was of you.

"Thanks I guess. Um... I'm sorry, I need to get going to get my post. I'll speak with you later," you smiled softly.

"Of course. I'll see you later Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte Stemp.