Clint Barton- I'm Sorry (c)

You did your best to mask your true emotions. There was no point in bothering everyone around you especially your boyfriend. You loved him too dearly to want to concern him.

Luckily for you he went away on missions fairly often and that meant you didn't have to be completely fake all the time. When he was away you could show your emotions.

You could spend the day in bed without him judging you on it. You could cry, and not worry what he thought. You could stare at the nothingness, without him thinking you were odd. You could be consumed by the numbness you felt.

The dragging feeling with in, tugged you into your outwardly depressed state. Everything else didn't mean anything. All you could think about was the running thoughts of self-loathing and the emotional pain streaming through every cell. Due to this overwhelming feeling, you didn't pay attention to your surroundings, you didn't even notice when he walked into the room, home early from his mission.

"Y/N," he questioned.

Instantly hearing his words, you snapped into reality. Clint stood in the doorway of your shared bedroom. He dropped his stuff onto the floor, hastily moving towards the bed sitting down next to you. He reached an arm out, resting his hand on your side, looking concerned.

You didn't say anything. You didn't know how to say anything. You had spent so long putting on a fake smile, you didn't know how to be you. You didn't know how to express how you truly felt, and you certainly didn't trust yourself to actually speak.

"Y/N? What's wrong? What happened?" He asked.

It hurt you, how concerned he looked over your broken state.

"I'm sorry," You said in a mere whisper.

"Why are you sorry? What has happened? You can tell me," He smiled softly.

"I lied. I'm not okay."

He held a pitiful smile on his lips, as he leaned in, pulling your into a hug. With this contact you couldn't hold in any of the tears you had tried to hold back from him. You sobbed into his shoulder, him pulling you closer to him, rubbing your back softly.

"It's okay. It'll be all okay," He cooed.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I knew you would worry, and I didn't want you to worry," You cried, your words slightly muffled from leaning your face onto his shoulder.

"Of course I would worry. I love you Y/N. I want you to be happy, and you will be happy. It won't be tomorrow or next week, but I am going to help you. I want you to be happy, and I don't want to you to pretend to be to make me feel better. Please don't let yourself suffer alone," he whispered.

"I'm sorry."

Your apologises continued, until you succumbed to the tear enduced tiredness.

~*~

Written by Charlotte