Maria Hill- Valentine's Day (c)

You grabbed the bouquet of roses before heading to her office. She was never one for flowers or anything romantic but she deserved something nice, and you didn't know what you could do for her.

You loved her so dearly and other than cliché things you couldn't really think of how to express that emotion on Valentine's Day. She had told you all year that she didn't enjoy the day and she also didn't see the point in wasting money on objects covered in hearts.

Just you enjoyed it. You liked the pink objects, you liked the cuddly toys, and you liked flowers. Due to knowing she didn't really like any of this, you didn't really expect anything in return but you were going to give her flowers. If you had it your way she would have had a lot more from you, but you decided it was best to cut back, it was a compromise.

You got to the building she worked in and said hello to the people you saw. You visited Maria a lot at work so you had met most of her colleagues a lot. As you walked through the halls you saw various patches that were pink and red, with hearts scattered here and there.

It took some walking before you got to where Maria actually worked in the building. She was stood talking to a couple of her colleagues as you walked over to her with the flowers behind your back.

"Hey Maria," you smiled.

She turned around and smiled as she saw you.

Instantly she pressed her lips to yours pulling you to her.

"Hey Y/N," she grinned.

"Happy Valentine's Day," you smiled holding the flowers out to you.

You could tell she was trying to frown but a smile crept onto her lips as she took the roses from you.

"Thank you," she stated walking over to her desk.

She placed the roses on the desk for a second before she lent under it pulling out a small red bag handing it to you.

"Happy Valentine's Day," she smiled softly.

Your grin grew as you practically jumped up and down. She bought you something! You were shocked but also overjoyed by her gesture.

Opening the bag you found a cheesy Valentine's teddy bear and some chocolates.

"I didn't know what to get you, but you said you like the cheesiest Valentine's Day presents, I didn't know what could be cheesier than a teddy bear and chocolates," she laughed.

"I love them," you smiled pecking her lips, "I love you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.