Bruce Banner- Love (c)

You had no first-hand knowledge of what he was going through, but you could imagine the hell he was going through, it didn't take a genius to see how badly he felt about everything he was going through.

He never wanted to hurt anyone but he didn't have a choice, as the other guy he had no control. He simply had to feel his regrets after he turned back to the scientist that you loved.

He was sat on the jet, wrapped in a blanket, headphones over his ears. Everyone else was doing their own things leaving Bruce to be consumed by his thoughts. Although he wanted to be alone it wasn't for the best, he just ends up in more pain.

You went over to him sitting down on the bench next to him. You tapped his shoulder softly gaining his attention. He pushed his headphones off, looking at you with teary eyes.

A soft smile crept onto your lips as you shifted closer to him, pulling at the blanket so it wrapped around you too, whilst your arms encircled him.

"I don't want to hurt you," he whispered.

"You won't. I know you'd never hurt me," you smiled softly resting your head onto Bruce's shoulder.

"I would never hurt you, but the other guy will, and I can't control when he makes an appearance. Please, I don't want to be the reason you are injured or worse. I... I... all those innocent people," he whispered.

You pulled him closer to you, shushing him softly.

"It's okay Bruce. You didn't mean to hurt them, and many more would have ended up dead if you hadn't helped. Everyone has their demons, yours is just a bit more visible," you sighed, "It doesn't mean I love you any less. You will forever be the Bruce Banner I fell in love with all those years ago."

He relaxed into your embrace, letting his arms lace around you as well.

"I love you Y/N. I don't know how to express that anymore. But I can't keep you safe, and I don't know why you stay with me, but I feel as though I need to make up for all of this. You are so perfect, you aren't," he muttered kissing your hair.

You let out a chuckle, "It is fine my love. I love you so much, even if there is a code green once in a while, you are still amazing, and perfect. But I do know one way you can make it up to me."

"What is it?" he asked looking down at you with loving eyes.

You pulled your hand from under the blanket holding it out so he could see the diamond he had put onto your hand many years ago.

"Pick a bloody date," you laughed, "We've been engaged for too long, and I want a wedding."

He chuckled, his negative thoughts evaporating, "Okay, we can finally have this wedding."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.