Bucky Barnes- Small Town: Part 1 (c)

Since you had known Bucky, you had had a flirty relationship, but nothing beyond that had ever happened between you, not that you were against that idea. You had liked him for the longest time, but you weren't willing to ruin your friendship and what you currently had to risk knowing if he requited your feelings.

You did your best to bury down any feelings you had towards Bucky and try to be happy just as friends, but you couldn't help the longing of your heart. Regardless of the definition of your relationship, he was the closest person to you and when you had plans to return to your quaint hometown for Christmas, you couldn't just leave him to celebrate on his own. He tried to assure you that he didn't care about Christmas and was happy to treat it as though it was the same day as any other, but you weren't willing to take no for an answer. Bucky reluctantly agreed to join you to your hometown, and although it made you nervous for him to meet your family and see where you grew up, you were excited to spend Christmas with him.

As you expected your father was suspicious of the man you brought home with you, assuming he had the worst intentions, whilst your mother fell in love with him straight away. As soon as she got a chance, she pulled you to the side asking what was going on between you, and when you tried to assure her that you were just friends, she became far more suspicious than your father had been but this time to do with your intentions. You tried to lie to her but she could see through it and knew that you were interested in Bucky, even if you weren't willing to tell her directly.

After terribly lying to your mum about how you felt about Bucky, you decided to take him out to the town centre, as anywhere away from your parents prying questions was a good option. You went to one of the shops, where one of your mother's friends worked, who seemed to be on the same wavelength as her, instantly accusing you of being in a relationship, and the shop keepers in the subsequent next two shops had done the same.

You had awkwardly denied their assumptions before hurrying alone to the café, that was decorated for the festive season, to hopefully get a break. You went up to the counter and ordered the two coffees before heading towards the back to take a seat, passing by an older couple who at first you hadn't recognised but they quickly recognised you.

"Y/F/N?" The woman smiled. "Y/F/N Y/S/N?"

"Oh... Sarah, I didn't recognise you," you responded with the same polite smile, recognising the woman more from her voice than her face, having not seen her since you last lived in the town full time.

"It's been at least five years, hasn't it?" She said. "It's so nice for you to be back in town. Who is this? Your mother didn't say you were in a relationship."

"Oh we're no-"

Your practically rehearsed spiel was cut off before you could really start when held out a hand for Sarah to shake.

"Bucky. It's nice to meet you," he smiled.

She shook his hand. "You are a beautiful couple. We must get going but I'm so glad to have seen the two of you."

Sarah and her husband hurried along out of the café, leaving you red faced stood beside Bucky.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.