Peggy Carter- Decorations (c)

As November came to an end and December started, you were getting excited for decorating your home for Christmas and get into the festive period. Your girlfriend Peggy knew how much it meant to you to decorate for the holidays and let you have full control on it, and you were beyond excited to do so. You picked a day that Peggy would be at work for the full day and decided it was a perfect opportunity to get to work and turn your normal home into a winter wonderland.

You spent the whole day putting up the tree and decorating, hanging up decorations on every wall and changing all of your soft furnishings to a Christmas version so that no surface was free of the festive cheer that you wanted to spread from the front door to the roof. Although you were shattered from working non-stop, you were proud of the work you had completed and stood in the centre of the living room which was the most decorated room and looked around at your work.

You had become distracted by the sparkling lights around the room when Peggy entered the house. Peggy closed the front door and looked up at the completely different house to the one that she had left that morning.

"Bloody hell," she said, her eyes wide as she lowered her handbag to the floor by the side of the doorway. "It looks like Santa threw up in here."

A playful grin appeared on your face as you struggled to stand still due to your excitement of what you had done to the house, and it would continue to look like that until early January.

"Do you like it?" You grinned. "I have been working on it all day."

"I can tell," she laughed. "Is every room like this?"

You nodded your head. "I got as much stuff as I could find and replaced anything boring with something with Santa or Rudolph on it and maybe ten tonnes of glitter and fairy lights."

Peggy shook her head and let out a sigh. She made her way over to you to give you a hug, partially from love, partially from mental exhaustion but mainly to force you to stop bouncing on the spot with excitement.

"It's a bit over the top," Peggy admitted. "But if it makes you happy, then I am happy to live in Santa's Grotto."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.