Steve Rogers- Kitten (c)

Steve had been on a mission for a week and whilst he was out of the house, he thought it'd be for the best that you stayed with your sister, never enjoying the idea of leaving you on your own. You didn't quite understand why he didn't want to leave you on your own as you were a fully grown woman and were only maybe 30% likely to accidentally set the house on fire, but he suggested that number was too high.

So for the week he was away you spent your time in the spare room of your sister's house, only moving back into your own home when Steve phoned you saying he was on his way.

When the front door opened, your heart thudded against your chest, as a smile grew on your face thinking about your fiancé being home again. You understood why he had to be away from home, but it didn't mean you had to enjoy it.

Quickly you ran over to him, not allowing him to even shut the door, as you tackled him in a hug. He was a lot bigger and stronger than you but when you were happy to see him, you could almost knock him off of his feet.

"Hello," He chuckled, "I've missed you too."

You simply let out a small chuckle as you leaned up to softly kiss him.

"I know you are Captain America but really can't bad guys take a holiday? You are always on a mission," You sighed.

"I know my love," He smiled softly resting a hand on your cheek, "Evil never sleeps. But Fury said I can have an extended break as everything seems under control about now."

Your smile grew.

"Come on, let's get you some tea, and we can sit back and relax."

Holding onto his hand, you led him through the hallway to the kitchen, going over to the kettle to fill it with water.

"Y/N."

"Yeah?" You said not bothering to turn around.

"May I ask why there is a cat on the fridge?" He questioned.

Looking up you saw the small tabby cat sat on top of the fridge wiggling as if it was preparing to pounce at something and by the looks of it, it was going to be the blond haired man.

"Oh, I forgot. I got us a cat," You said in a matter-of-factly tone.

The cat pounced from it's spot on the fridge aiming for Steve's head, but being so small fell short, luckily being caught by your fiancé.

"You bought us a cat?"

"Y/S/N has a cat and she had kittens a few weeks ago, and I spend a week with the little blighters. And well they are allowed away from their Mum now, so I couldn't leave them, you're lucky I only took one. She was more than happy to let me take them all," You smiled walking over to him and the adorable kitten.

"I don't know what to say," He laughed softly, "You are really something Y/N, not many people just bring kittens home."

Rather than responding you pecked his cheek, picking up the bundle of fur to place it down into it's bed.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.