Clint Barton- Petting Zoo (c)

You and the avengers had had a hard mission, and all of you were a bit shaken up and a bit out of it. It happened often that one of you would take a mission badly, and when it was only one of you, it could easily be handled through junk food and comfort but none of that was working. You all just needed an element of normality and for some reason you had been left to plan what you were all going to do.

That is how you all ended up in the zoo. It may not be the usual scene for you all but everyone seemed to be having fun. Your day was coming to a close and you had all split up to take a last look at different animals you had previously seen. Although you had enjoyed seeing everything else you were quite content in the petting zoo with the baby bunnies.

Although everyone else were running around like children, Clint was sat on the edge of the rabbit pen, whilst you were sat in it, stroking one of the small rabbits.

"Why are we at the zoo?" He grumbled, "Shouldn't we be training, so the next mission doesn't end like the last?"

You rolled your eyes at your colleague.

"Don't try and act tough and as if you don't want to be here. You keep looking at the cute baby bunnies, and I know you want a cuddle with," You paused to look at the small plaque with the rabbit names on it, trying to find the one that coincided with the rabbit in your arms, "Charlie. Isn't he adorable?"

Clint let out a laugh at you lightly stroking the rabbit in your arms. Even though you were colleagues you had also been friends for some many years, and you knew he liked animals, he just didn't like admitting it. He liked to form a demeanour that boosted his masculinity, however you knew it was mainly a façade. But you guessed working with Steve and Thor could lead to him feeling less of a man, but finding rabbits cute hardly added to that though.

"Why'd I find that cute?" He frowned.

You raised an eyebrow, holding up the black and white bunny to him. He frowned but you placed the bundle of fluff onto his lap, forcing him to rest a hand on it, preventing it from falling.

He tried to keep a frown on his face, but the corner of his lip twitched up into the smallest of smiles. A grin appeared onto your face, showing your happiness at seeing Clint happy, even if he had issues showing it.

"Maybe we should get a hutch and some bunnies in the tower? Might make you smile more, and we all know we need to help you as much as we can with that."

He shot you a glare, going back to stroking the animal on his lap.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.