Clint Barton- Food (c)

It'd been twenty-six days since your husband had been at home. He had been on a mission, and hadn't been able to be home by now. It wasn't unusual for him to be away for months at a time, it was actually a very normal occurrence.

To make up for the extended trip he had made dinner for the night. He had instructed for you to stay at the table with your five year old daughter, Y/D/N. But he had taken his time and both of you were getting bored. Clint wasn't known for his ability to cook, he wasn't terrible, but by no means was he good.

So you made your way to the kitchen. There stood your husband who had finished dishing up the food, and was now just sorting out the leftovers, to put in the fridge. As soon as you saw the small peter rabbit plate, you instantly remembered that your husband had missed the new change in your daughters eating habits.

"Oh no," You sighed.

"What?" He asked.

"Since you've been gone, Y/D/N, has become a fussy little thing. I don't know why, but most children go through the phase. Her food cannot touch. Each type of food needs to be separate from one another. I don't understand the logic of it myself, but she is a child, and I know we'd both rather she didn't throw a tizzy about it," You stated with a pitiful smile.

You shuffled some of the food on the plate around so there was a small gap between each piece so your daughter wouldn't cry or scream about it.

"So separate all of the foods on Y/D/N's plate. I should have known that," He frowned running a hand through his hair.

You turned away from the plate, walking closer to Clint. You're rested your hands on the back of his neck, leaning up to peck his lips.

"I love you Clinton Francis Barton, and don't think anything less. Your daughter loves you also, she would be completely lost without her Dad. And we both know and understand you have work so you stay away from home for a few weeks at a time. We don't like it, if we could have you here every second we would, but I'd never make you change your career, and Y/D/N is just glad to have you around to play games with and to read her a story for bed," You smiled softly.

"But what Father doesn't know something that simple about their own daughter. I should know that," He frowned.

"Nonsense. She started like this last week. She changes her mind so frequently it's hard to keep up. I honestly can't remember whether it is runner beans or green beans she currently hates, and to be fair I'm not sure she knows either. She is a kid, she is fickle with food," You said, kissing him once more, "You are the best father I know. Don't tell my Father that. You care about her so dearly, and it is one small thing. You know now. There is no reason to beat yourself up about it. Because believe me, she will do a good job and making you lose the will to live, if you forget. I saved you this time Mr Barton, I won't be doing it again. Now shall we go eat, or we won't have to worry about are child's eating habits as she would have starved."

He shook his head softly, smiling contently, he leaned down kissing you once again, before the both of you grabbed the food and carried it into the dining room for dinner.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.