Clint Barton- lukeybabe68 (c)

You had had a crush on him for as long as you had known him. How couldn't you like him? Look at him.

He was certainly the most attractive of the Avengers, and the most misunderstood and underestimated Avenger. Although he had no powers he had so much more about him that not only made him an amazing superhero but also simply made him an amazing person.

You didn't realise that you had become lost in your thoughts until you were knocked out of them by the sharp hit to your ribs. With a soft yelp, you looked over at the person next to you.

Next to you sat the red headed assassin that was known for being your crush's best friend.

"Stop staring," she whispered.

You frowned looked at her. Had you been staring the whole time? Had he noticed?

Clint was sat in the kitchen with you but on the other side of the room, and you were pretty sure he had no idea you were in the room. From Natasha's words you presumed that since he had sat down at the dining table, you had been staring at him from your seat at the breakfast island.

"What do you mean?" you asked attempting to seem innocent although you were certain your cheeks had become inflamed.

"Don't act naïve. You like Clint, it's as clear as day, well it's clear to everyone other than to him. Men can be stupid. But he'll certainly know of your love for him if you stare at him constantly. Luckily for you he hasn't finished his first mug of coffee of the day, so for all he knows you are Frodo Baggins and are about to convince him to take the ring to Mordor with him," she chuckled.

There was the important matter you were going to continue talking about in a moment, but you had a different question to ask first.

"You are a Lord of the Rings fan?" you asked.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, but don't think you are getting away with changing the subject."

You sighed.

"Yes I like Clint. But he'd never like me. He is Hawkeye, and everyone knows he has a thing for you. I can't deny though, he is pleasant to look at," you sighed, staring at him again.

She let out a loud laugh, gaining the archers attention, but luckily he was tired and grumpy so he turned back to his mug of coffee.

"He is crazy for you. He doesn't like me like that. Yeah Budapest happened, but it was a one-time thing, and neither of us like each other like that. Remember I am his best friend, he speaks to me. He likes you but he thinks you see him as a cranky old man, which I am sure you do see him as, as he is certainly that, but you see him as much more," she grinned, "so I have planned a date for the two of you. You like him, he likes you. You need to put on your big girl pants and admit your feelings to him."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by lukeybabe68.