40. Clint Barton

Dialogue Prompt- 40. "Have I entered an alternate universe or did you really just crack a smile for me?"

You sniffled trying to stop crying but everything hurt. Your boyfriend had dumped you, after everything seemed like it was going well. Even though the Avengers were your friends you didn't want to talk with them about this. Knowing no matter where you'd hide it was almost certain one of them would randomly find you even if they had no business in that room, or they had never been there before.

Instead of hiding in a room, you knew that the air vents could hold a person, so that was going to be your hiding place. You crawled from them before finding a spot, curling your knees to your chest and silently crying.

Sadly even here someone found you. Clint crawled up to you sitting next to you.

"Y/N? Why are you here?" he asked softly.

"I thought no one would find me," you sighed.

"What's wrong, have you been crying?" he questioned.

"Y/BF/N broke up with me. I know it should hurt that much but two years seems a long time for him to say, 'you aren't the one, sorry babe, but at least I didn't realise after we got married'," you said imitating the voice of your now ex-boyfriend.

He sighed wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"It's his loss. You are amazing Y/N, and we all knew he was an arse, but he made you happy, so we didn't say anything. At least now you have a chance to make yourself happy without him being around," he smiled softly.

You furrowed your eyebrows. Even though you had known the Avengers for quite a while, you were pretty sure this was the first time you had seen Clint smile.

"Have I entered an alternate universe or did you really just crack a smile for me?"

He laughed nudging your side with his elbow.

"I'm trying to be nice."

"So? You never smile. It's nice, comforting I guess, to show that the Wizard fulfilled your request," you shrugged softly wiping away your tears.

"Did you just say I am the tin man?"

"Maybe?" you smiled.

He rolled his eyes.