Clint Barton- Family (h)

----- Charlotte's P.O.V -----

I sighed as my boyfriend tried, yet again, to convince me to let him meet my rather large and loud family.

You see, my boyfriend and I had been together for over 2 years and he had only met my parents on a few occasions. Today my mother was holding a family reunion, I was invited and so was Clint but I was slightly hesitant about letting Clint meet my full family.

Clint looked at me with his puppy dog eyes and a pout on his face "Please Lottie, let me meet them" he said resting his forehead against mine "But Clint, my family is not normal. They don't have any idea of privacy plus they don't have any idea of when to stop talking" I explained.

Clint shook his head "I don't care. They're YOUR family so I want to meet them" he emphasised the fact that they were related to me and frankly that fact was not one that I was grateful of.

By this point Clint was practically lying on top of me so I pushed Clint off me and stood up "Alright then. If you want to meet my family so bad then go and change" as soon as those words left my mouth Clint was off the couch and running into our bedroom.

Within a matter of minutes Clint was stood in front of me dressed in black jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket "Ready" he said smiling like a little boy "Okay, you drive" I said tossing him the car keys before walking out of the door.

I still didn't want this to happen. As much as I loved my family they just didn't know when to shut up. Plus they had no clue when what they were talking about became embarrassing because their brains just didn't work like that.

Also my cousins weren't exactly the quietest of people so because of that, they didn't have any shame in spilling the excess amount of embarrassing stories that they had about me.

Clint pulled up outside my parents' house. I could hear the music so I assumed that they were all outside as whenever my mother held family reunions, depending on the weather of course, she held them outside as my family home had an exceptionally large garden.

The two of us got out of the car and Clint slung his arm around my shoulder "Gimme" I said taking his sunglasses off of his face. I put them on making Clint laugh "You little weirdo" he kissed the side of my head as he spoke.

I opened the gate at the side of the house and Clint and I walked into the garden. My father was the first to spot us both and he came over to us "Hey Charlie" he said smiling at me "So the two of you did decide to come" Clint nodded in response to my father.

"It took some convincing but she finally agreed to let me meet everyone" Clint said pulling me closer "Can you blame me Dad? How weird is this family" I gestured to the people around us "To be fair to her son, my side of the family isn't the most sane" my father said chuckling.

"Speak for yourself Terry" my Uncle said strolling over to us all "Who's this Lot?" my Uncle asked as he looked Clint up and down "This is my boyfriend, Clint" I introduced Clint and Clint held his hand out to my Uncle which my Uncle shook.

"CHARLOTTE HAS A BOYFRIEND" my Uncle shouted over the loud music causing me to groan and hide my face in Clint's side.

Clint rubbed my upper arm in comfort "OH MY GOD" I heard my youngest cousin shout "CHAR IS DATING HAWKEYE" he shouted.

I looked up at Clint "Told you my family is crazy"

~*~

Written by Hannah for Charlotte.