Bucky Barnes- Marriage (c)

Today was supposed to be the best day of your life, and nothing was going to get in the way of that. You felt nervous, and your heart pounded against your chest, concerned about whether everything you had so thoroughly planned was going to be the way you had dreamed since you were a child.

Although that is what you were concerned about, it didn't bother you if things went awry, you just simply wanted things to not be overly terrible. The only thing you knew that would be perfect and the only thing you truly cared about was the man whom would be stood at the end of the aisle.

Bucky was the love of your life. You didn't care about the scars that were engrained deep on him mentally and physically, and you certainly didn't take concern in his past. It made him who he was. He wasn't broken, he wasn't damaged, he had a dark and pained past and that haunted him, but from what he and his best friend had told you (along with what you could see) you made each day for him brighter, fighting his demons by his side.

A knock on the door pushed you back into the real world, forcing you to clear your throat and announce that whoever it was could come into the room.

There stood the blond super solider whom was your husband-to-be's best friend.

"Are you okay Y/N?" He asked.

"Yeah. A few nerves but I am happy that soon I shall be Y/N Barnes. How is he doing? He had a pretty rough night. The nightmares still happen, and last night was one of the worst. I asked if he was sure he wanted to go through with today, but he was sure he'd be okay. Is he?" You asked concerned for the welfare of your fiancé.

Steve smiled softly resting a hand on your shoulder, rubbing it lightly.

"He's fine. He was a little shaken. But he's all dressed up and pacing in his room. He wanted me to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine Steve. But if you could zip me up, I'd much appreciate it, I'm not quite sure where everyone ran off to," you smiled, standing up clinging to the while fabric as to not flash him.

He let out a chuckle. You took in a deep breath as Steve pulled up the metallic zip, letting out the breath you were holding as soon as it was done up.

"Thank you."

"Y/N, I need to ask you something," he sighed.

"Shoot."

"Are you sure? I know you love Buck, and he loves you. But I know he's not easy to be around, not easy to spend every day with. He can't be a normal man that you would have expected to be with. He... he has his problems. I don't think you two won't work, but if you have doubts now, they could escalate and it's easier for you to leave now that later. I can't let him get hurt, he's finally healing," Steve sighed looking overly concerned.

It shocked you slightly. Did Steve really think you would be so selfish?

"Is that what you really think of me Steve? I'll be with him. For better or for worse."

"It'll probably be for worse."

"I knew that the day I met him/her."

You held a soft smile on your lips looking up at him.

"Look Y/N. I love you like a sister, and I know you care about Bucky more than I do, and I never thought that'd be possible. I just want to be sure. He deserves someone as amazing as you, however you need to think about yourself. Giving up and making sure he is fine every second of every day. That can't be a life you want to live. However I am happy for you both, but you need to be 100% as he will be destroyed."

Leaning towards him you pulled him into a hug.

"You have nothing to worry about Steve. I know you want to look out for him, but I love him Steve. Yes, this isn't what I thought my life would be. I didn't think I would be marrying a Second World War Veteran, I never thought my husband would have been an assassin. I never thought any of this would happen. But I wouldn't change any of it. It scares me that I can't help him, and it scares me that this is completely new territory, but I am happy that I can do anything in my power to make sure the man I love is happy," you smiled.

Steve let out a sigh of relief.

"I just want you both to be happy. Now I better get back to him before he starts to panic that something has gone wrong. I'll see you out there soon," he said hugging you once more before leaving.

~*~

Bucky's lips pressed to yours firmly as the people sat in front of you clapped. As he pulled away the biggest smile possible appeared across your face.

All of a sudden he swept you up into his arms, carrying you out of the hall out to the car. He put you down in it, sliding in next to you.

"I love you Y/N Barnes," he smiled pecking your lips once more.

"I love you too James Barnes."

~*~ 

Written by Charlotte.