Steve Rogers- Kiss (c)

One Word Prompt- 35. Kiss

He pulled away, and his cheeks were bright red. An uneasy smile was on his face, and he looked very nervous, and slightly scared.

On the other hand your lips sat apart slightly, and your eyes were wide. You were slightly shocked, and were sure you cheeks were ever so slightly flushed, but you were happy, more than happy.

"I'm sorry," he whispered looking down at his feet.

You chuckled softly resting your hand on his chin, lifting his gaze to look at your smiling face.

"Don't be," you smiled.

"What do you mean?" he asked looking utterly confused.

"I liked it. You caught me by surprise is all. That's why I didn't really respond and just stood there slightly lost. I didn't know you liked me, it was just a little bit of a shock," you shrugged, trying to keep a reassuring smile.

His confused expression turned into a look of happiness.

"I am in love with you Y/N, I always have, didn't you know? I didn't think that you liked me, but Tony was saying he would tell you, and I didn't know how else. You saw me rambling on before, but I thought just kissing you would show my real emotions," he said softly.

"I don't know if I'm in love with you. I won't lie and say I am, but I strongly care about you, and I'm sure if we spent more time together it would become love. You are so amazing Steve, and I didn't think you liked me. But I was wrong," you smiled.

His smile grew.

"Maybe we should try that kiss again?" he asked sheepishly.

You nodded softly using the hand that was on his chin to bring him closer to you until your lips were pressed together again.

The kiss only last a short moment until you pulled away. This time both of you had smiles spread across your faces, although once again his cheeks were flushed.

"That was better," you smiled.

He nodded.

"So Y/N, would you want... I mean would you like... I don't know... maybe we could... you know...maybe... um... we could go... I'm really not good with words," he sighed running a hand through his blond locks, smiling awkwardly.

Your smile grew.

"Are you trying to ask me out on a date Steve Rogers?" you chuckled.

He nodded.

"I would love to go on a date with you. But do you mind my asking, have you ever been on a date before?" you asked.

"No. Women didn't like me before the serum, and after the serum I was too busy to go on a date," he sighed.

"It's okay. I've never been on a date either, it'll be a first for both of us."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.