Bucky Barnes- It Ain't Me Babe (c)

Based on It Ain't Me Babe by Bob Dylan.

"Just tell them Y/N," Steve said in a blunt tone.

Since Steve had been thawed, you had been there to help him adapt to the 21st Century, and in return a true friendship blossomed. Although now he had good control over the differences from before the ice and after, he still needed a friend, and you needed one too.

Even after Bucky was found and saved, you thought that he would instantly take his role back as best friends with the super solider but Steve somehow had room in his heart for the both of you.

In the development of your friendship, Steve grew into your brother and confidant, and you trusted him with everything, even when there wasn't a special interest or knowledge in the topic from him. That is how you happened upon asking him how to tell the man you were in love with that you loved him.

It was a windy and rainy day, and far from anything remotely pleasant, but you were sat in the living room of the house you had been sharing with Steve since he thawed and more recently Bucky as well.

"It's not that simple Steve. And you know that is true. Why didn't you just tell Peggy how you felt? You clearly loved her but never told her," you said in a huff.

His face dropped, giving you a judging stare.

"Don't start, Y/N."

"You can't blame me Steve. I had to listen to every moment of your time together and take you to visit her. She is a lovely woman and I have nothing against her but it is only a fair trade that you listen to my love problems," you pouted.

He softened his expression as you could see your desperation. He understood the pain of being in love but not doing anything about it, he was the self-proclaimed face of waiting too long.

"Okay. So who is this lucky guy then?" He asked moving the conversation back to your interest.

"No one you know," you lied.

A laugh burst from the blond man's lips.

"So he doesn't happen to have a metal arm?" He grinned.

Your eyes became wide as your jaw clenched. Were you really that obvious? If Steve knew did that mean Bucky knew? You instantly questioned whether he hated you, as if he knew and liked you, he'd just tell you right?

"No. Of course not. Steve you're completely crazy," You laughed awkwardly.

He gave you a knowing smile.

"Don't worry Y/N. He likes you too, you just need to tell him because he wouldn't listen to me when I said you reciprocated his feelings."

You made a fist and let it collide with his shoulder as hard as you could, even though you knew it wouldn't hurt him really.

"Steven Grant Rogers, you do not tell your friend that your other friend likes them. That goes completely against friend code," you frowned.

"It's not like he listened to me. He thought I was joking," he explained.

"How am I supposed to tell him Steve? What if you got the wrong end of the stick and he doesn't like me? I can't just tell him. I have too much to say and I know I'm going to screw up. This won't end well," you sighed holding your head in your hands.

He patted your back with probably a little too much force leading your to glare at him through your slatted fingers.

"Practice with me."