Loki Laufeyson- Phone (c)

Somehow you had drawn the short straw. Technically the decision wasn't made by pulling straws, it happened to be by Fury asking you all to have one of you volunteer for the job. At that exact moment you happened to zone out and everyone had said 'Not Me' leaving you with the job. You didn't want to have to be the one to help Loki adapt to life here and hopefully make him see that the human race didn't suck that much- although that was highly debatable.

You did argue but they all had their own responses. Thor used the Asgardian card, and that his brother would not listen to him. Steve said something about the microwave still hating him. Natasha started to talk Russian and refused to speak a word of English. Clint played on his deafness and began to shout about not being able to hear anything and asking why we were discussing the hokey cokey. Bruce said that it was advisable not to encourage a code green. And Tony just told Fury to piss off.

You did attempt to convince Fury that you needed to iron your cat, but he quickly commented on the fact that you didn't own a cat nor an iron or how ironing the cat was morally correct or necessary by any means.

That's why you were sat in the bedroom that Loki was now to occupy. You had done your best to avoid the God of Mischief not that it was hard whilst he was locked up. However now you were forced to be joined at the hip of the guy.

He was infuriating. Plain and simple. You were more than prepared to rip open his jugular, and it wasn't even as though he had used any of his magic or even done anything mischievous. He just happened to hate the human race and have no clue what you were to do with anything. If he called you 'human' one more time you were going to rip out his hair.

"Human, explain this device to me," Loki demanded thrusting the metal cuboid into your face.

"You do know my name is Y/N right? How would you like it if I went around calling you a Frost Giant rather than by your name?" You retorted with a frown.

He did not respond, rather continued to hold the object in your face.

"It's a phone. You call people with it," you said rolling your eyes.

"What do you mean hu- Y/N," he stated in an equally as harsh tone.

You took the phone from him switching it on.

"Each phone has it's own number. You dial that number, or you programme it into the phone so you can just press the person's name and phone them. It's a way to contact people at a distance. See if you just press the name it will phone them and you can talk into the phone," you explained.

"How does it work?" He frowned.

How were you going to explain this without confusing the matter?

"Magic. But if you question the magic it stops working. So if you have any questions of what to do with the phone, just ask someone, but if you want to know how to get the magic to work you'll have to ask Tony. Only Tony can tell you."

He seemed dubious for a moment, before nodding and continuing to inspect the device.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.