Chapter 81

"Connor, I really don't like you right now!" I yelled angrily through the phone.

"Why? What happened? Did I mistakenly eat one of your Hot Pockets!? I'm so sorry! I didn't know they were yours! Please don't kill me!" Connor said, jokingly.

"No, you big stupid head! The present you got Joey for Christmas!"

"Which one?"

"The torch!"

"Oh yeah, Meghan thought that that would be the best thing to get him."

"Yeah it was..THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT HIM THAT ALSO!"

"Oh my god! Are you for real!? Nina, I'm so sorry!"

"It's perfectly fine, Con. Now I just have to go to Walmart or something and buy him a brand new gift. And it's gonna be crowded because of other people buying their last minute gifts. So, thanks a lot Connor." I said sarcastically.

"Okay then. Have fun!"

"No, Connor! I was just being sarcast–" He then hung up on me. "Ic.."

"In a bit of trouble, are you now?" A voice behind me spoke. I turned around startled and just saw it was Meghan.

"Meghan Camerana, you have got to stop scaring me like that." I complained.

She giggled a bit. "Okay. But still, do you need help with your Joey situation?"

"Of course! When he gets back, I think I might murder Connor."

"No please! Leave his beautiful face alone!" We both then laughed.

"Well, if you need help, can I come with you to help you out a little bit? I've known Joey for years, so I know the perfect gift for him."

"But you're the entire reason why I got him the same gift as Connor did, so.."

"I promise I'll help you get Joey a great present. Please!" Meghan begged with a puppy face.

"Okay, okay fine. You can help me. Just don't rat me out to Joey."

"I promise."

"Alrighty then. Meet me at my car in 5." I say as I get my purse and my keys and start to walk to downstairs. As I make it to the bottom of the steps, I see Joey playing with Bryce and his toy truck I got him for Christmas.

"Hey, Joey. Me and Meghan are going out." I announce which catches his attention as he looks up at me.

"Where you guys off to?" He asked, going back to Bryce and his truck.

"Oh, uh. We saw something earlier and are going to check it out.." I stammered.

"Oh, okay. Well..have fun."

"Thanks.." I then awkwardly laugh and walk out the front of the house towards my car and get inside to turn the car on. I checked the time. 10:57. We should be back by midnight.

A few seconds later, Meghan follows right behind me with her purse in one hand and a newspaper in the other.

"Alright so, I have the perfect gift that you could get Joey!" Meghan says while looking through the magazine until she finds a black rolling, gaming chair with a red stripe in the middle of it.

"Woah, that looks cool."

"I know right. Joey has been looking for a new gaming chair for months now, one that doesn't make him uncomfortable after he sits in it for thirty minutes."

"Alright then. Where do they sell it?"

"Walmart, exactly where we were going."

"Oh my god, you already know it's gonna be crowded. Alright then, let's just in and out." I say while starting the car and starting to pull out of the driveway.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"WHERE IS THIS FREAKING CHAIR!?!" Meghan yelled out in frustration. It was 2:35 in the morning and we were still trying to find the chair.

"I don't know. Meghan let's just go home." I say with a tired tone. I was sick and tired of being bumped into every five seconds, and I don't think this is the best condition for our little girl.

"No! I promised you that we would get the best gift for Joey, and I will keep that promise until we find the perfect gift for Joey!"

My eyes then jerked towards the furniture section to see the same chair that we were looking for. It looked so much more comfortable in real life.

"Meghan, it's over there! Go get it!" I screamed as her attention was caught by the chair sent from the heavens and into this Walmart. She started running towards the chair and right as she reached out for the chair—just about 10 feet away from it—it was then stolen by a pasty, overweighted 12 year old boy.

"Hey, that's our chair!" I yelled.

"Oh really? I don't see your names on it. Why would you need a chair when you really need a hospital with a stomach like that?"

I gasped. "How dare you! It's not my fault you can't afford Jenny Craig!"

Suddenly, this tall, overweighted man with a beard and tattoos sleeves on both of his arms came behind the boy.

"Where you just talking to my son like that?" He says with his mouthful of the hotdog he had in one of his hands.

Meghan then stepped up and spoke. "Yeah we were. And looking at you, now I know where your son is gonna get his heart attacks from."

"Well I'm sorry, but don't you need to be in bed right now? You need to be able to go back to kindergarten tomorrow."

These people were really making me pissed off and I didn't know what to do..until I did. I grabbed my water bottle that I had earlier and started to act like I was in pain while holding my stomach.

"Oh my God! Is she okay?" The man asked.

I then opened the water and poured it on the floor. Both the man and the son came over to see if I was okay. Meghan did too, that's when I winked at her and yelled out, "NOW!!" She then grabbed the chair and I jumped into it as Meghan started to push me towards the front to check the chair out.

We payed for the chair and ran as fast as we could towards the car. When we finally got the chair into the car, me and Meghan both high-fived and drove back home.

Now that was teamwork.

~~~

I tried my best to make this chapter cool so it could make up for when I wasn't writing. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to finish this before the end of May, so I'll make sure to work extra hard to finish it up over the summer.

So stay tuned for summer because you're gonna get a bunch of notifications from me!

Bai!

~MW153