Chapter 31

I wake up the next morning to my phone ringing. Since me and Joey fell asleep on the couch last night and I let my phone in the room, I had to go get it. I got up and went straight to the bed and picked it up.

"Hello?" I answered tiredly.

"Hey, Nina. It's Armani. Merry Christmas!" She answered. She seemed very happy.

"What's got you in such a good mood today Mani?"

"Number one, it's Christmas. Number two, I have someone to spend Christmas with, And number three is the best surprise of your life. You are just going to love it so much."

"Who are you spending Christmas with?"

"My new boyfriend, Griffin!"

Armani? Has a BOYFRIEND!? Never thought that would happen...

"A boyfriend?"

"Yes a boyfriend."

"Not just a boy...that's a friend?"

"No, an actual boyfriend."

"A boyfriend you can make out with and-"

"Yes, Nina. Yes that kind of boyfriend!"

"Oh, that's cool. When do I get to meet him?"

She paused for a few seconds. "In a few minutes."

"Wait, what!?"

"Yea, that was my number three! I've came down from Montana to come visit you, Joey, and Sawyer for the weekend!"

"Awesome sauce, Mani! Well, call me when you get here, okay?"

"Alright, Nina."

"Okay, bye bye now."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and shook Joey.

"Joey wake up!" I yelled.

He turned his body over and started mumbling.

"Joey wake up, it's Christmas!"

"Five more minutes." Joey mumbled loudly.

"But it's Christmas."

"But we stayed up late last night."

"And? I'm wide awake and I stayed up late, too."

"Just let me sleep."

I wait five seconds then push him off the couch. He then suddenly is wide awake and rubbing his head.

"Ouch. Why you did that?"

"ITS CHRISTMAS AND I WILL HAVE A CHRISTMAS!" I yelled in a demonic voice.

His eyes got wide and said, "Did the devil just come out of you?"

I giggled. "No, I just wanted to get your attention. But I will be if you don't listen to me again."

"Okay, yes ma'am." 

I then sat back down with Joey and we ate the cookies we made last night while watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas. It was fun to have fun and watch movies, just like a complete family. 

Well, almost completely anyways.

A few minutes into the movie, Sawyer finally came out of the room, shirtless.

"Oh God, I have the worst headache." He yelled.

"That's why you don't go to sleep half-drunk." Joey addressed.

Me and Sawyer both sat there, speechless.

"What?" Joey giggled.

"How did you know that Sawyer went to the bar last night?" I asked.

"I heard you guys talking when Sawyer asked if you would stall me. You guys talk really loud."

Sawyer then came up to us on the couch. "You were okay that I went out without you?"

"Yeah. I mean, it's not like I was alone." He then looked over at me. "I had Nina here to keep me company." He suddenly kissed me on the cheek.

"Why are you guys so cute together?! Why can't me and Jenny be like you guys?!" He yelled while throwing his hands in the air.

"We were made for each other. You guys'll get to our point one day." I smiled.

We all then sat on the couch and while the credits were rolling at the end of the movie and we were popping popcorn in the microwave, we heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it. It's probably Armani." I said while pacing to the door.

I opened the door and see Armani with blonde highlights, a navy shirt, jeans, and brown leather boots with a Santa hat.

"Hey Mani!" I greeted while giving here a hug.

"Hi Nin!" She responded. We released from the hug and I complimented her on her new hair style.

"Thanks, I got it done last week. It took them an hour to do."

"Cool. So, where's the bae at?"

She giggled. "He's downstairs getting the stuff out the taxi. So far, Christmas in LA isn't the same as in Montana."

"Well, it is by the ocean, and Montana's up in the north..."

"No dip Sherlock."

"Whatever. Wanna sit and wait for him to get up here?"

"Sure."

Me, Joey, and Armani then sit on the couch and talk to wait for Armani's new boyfriend to come upstairs with us. 

About fifteen more minutes later, her boyfriend finally comes to the door and knocks on the door.

"Mani, open up."

That voice..it sounds familiar..

"One sec."

She gets up and opens the door to a familiar face. 

I've seen that face before, I thought to myself.

She then helps him get the bags into the apartment and when she moves out the way, I see his entire face and know exactly where I know him.

"Griffin!?" I yelled, shooting up from my seat.

He looked up at me and his eyes widened. "Nina!?" The bags in his hands suddenly dropped to the floor.

Things just got REALLY real.