Chapter 8

In November

I cant believe it's almost Thanksgiving, which also means Joey gets to meet my family and I may get to meet his.

I was so excited for Thanksgiving because I didn't get to go to school for two weeks, and I get to see my dad for the first time in 5 years. I also get to go to the airport with Joey back to Boston to meet his family, so it was sorta like a win-win situation there.

I was all packed to be able to get on our flight to Montana, but Joey seemed a bit nervous. The way we are going to meet my family and his is one week we go to Montana, then the next we go to Boston.

"Joey, what's wrong?" I asked him while patting him on the back.

"It's just, what if your family doesn't like me?" He responded.

"Joey, stop overreacting. They'll love you because your personality is just like mine. If they accept me, then they'll definitely accept you."

I then kissed him on the lips and we finished getting the general supplies ready for the trip.

"Toothpaste." Joey yelled, trying to make sure we have everything.

"Check!" I yelled back to make sure he could hear me.

"Toothbrush."

"Check!"

"Sniffles."

"Meow! Check!"

He then giggled and went on with the list. "Rain coats."

"Check."

"Baby food."

"Goo goo ga ga check!"

He giggled again and got serious.

"Clothes."

"Check!"

"Pajamas."

"Sleepy check!"

Then we were finished and drove to the airport. We bought our tickets and went into the waiting area to sit down.

I scotch over to Joey's seat and wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"You still nervous?" I said in the most silliest voice I could ever do.

He laughed, which was a good sign. "I'm a bit nervous, but I feel like I can overcome my fear, somehow."

"That's great! Keep it up!" I kiss his delicate lips and we just sat there for a good two or three minutes until I heard my phone go off.

I release Joey from the kiss and take my phone out of my back pants pocket.

It was a text from my dad.

Daddy(now):

Hey, sweetie. At the airport waiting. Text me back when you get off the plane.

I dismiss the text and look back at my beautiful boyfriend. God, I'm so happy to be able to say the words Joey and boyfriend in the same sentence for who knows how long.

We hear our flight being called and give the flight attendant our tickets and go sit down.

As we took off, I went on my phone and checked my Twitter feed and nothing much was going on it the celebrity world.

Surprised with that one for once.

I then put my phone back in my pocket and turned my head towards the right and looked at Joey. He was texting someone, so I didn't want to bother him. I just stared at him.