Chapter 12

The next morning, I wake up and get ready for work. A few weeks ago, I moved in with Joey, so it's much easier nowadays for me to get to work.

I wake up to my alarm, and start getting dressed. I then was on my way to work and went to McDonald's for my breakfast. I then went to my job, which is Belk. It's so amazing that I had an opportunity to work at such a great place with all kinds of nice people.

So, I'm at the Women's department on the first floor to make sure the two employees are doing what they're supposed to do when suddenly I was backed up into a wall and was placed there by an arm.

Then, a knife was held toward my neck, which made me more frightened then I already was. I look at the face and see none other than that Vanessa girl that I caught Joey with the other day.

"Listen, girl. I don't know who you are but I only know one thing: Stay. Away. From. Joey. I am the only thing that he would actually want in his life. I have all that he needs; a good body, smarts, popularity, the whole package. And what do you have? Nothing. You are a worthless piece of sh**. Now stay away from Joey, or my knife will go into your heart! Also, if you tell Joey about this, I will slit your throat so you won't be talking for a while." Vanessa explained.

By then, a bunch of employees had already called the cops, but when one of them were in the middle of the call and me and Vanessa were finished, she went in her pocket and pulled out a gun.

"If any of you even think about telling the cops about me, I will shoot everyone of you in your head." She yelled. She seemed serious, which made me even more scared of her.

"Just remember what I said, Naomi." She reminded then imitated a knife going across the throat.

For the rest of my day, I was worried everytime I saw the door open. When I got home, I just wanted to cuddle into Joey's arms. But I see he wasn't there. I searched everywhere, till I find a note on the counter written in what seemed to be ketchup, but probably was something more.

"Just know that if you ever wanna see him again, come and get me. Signed, Vanessa"

I knew I had to save him, I knew something was wrong with her this entire time.

I then grabbed a gun out of my bedroom and bullet proof material like they use during police drills and whatnot.

I knew I needed more just in case, so I got a few kitchen knives so that nobody could be able to touch me afterwards.

I went to the airport and got on the first plane to Boston at that time. I got on the plane and looked at my phone.

I see that Joey was at 1200 District Drive(author here, not a real address). I knew how to get there because Joey had gave me a whole tour of Boston when we had visited there in November. I'm coming for you Joey, nothing's gonna keep you away from me. Not even a psychopathic girl.