Chapter 24

A few hours later, I wake up on my back on the bed. I tilt my head to the side to be able to see Joey. He was still sleeping.

I felt around my face. There was dried up tears under my eyes and a puddle of tears around my head. I almost forgot that I cried myself to sleep because of the thought of Joey out of my life.

I sit up and shake him gently. "Joey." I whisper into his ears.

I see his gorgeous eyelashes flutter open as he opened his beautiful, grey eyes. When his eyes finally opened, he smiled up at me.

"Hello there." Joey exclaimed in a groggy voice. I kiss him lightly on the forehead. I then reach out for my phone on the nightstand. I checked the time. 6:27.

"I've gotta get ready." I say as i go into the bathroom. I start the shower up and take off my shirt. I start to think about Joey. I undress a bit more. I begin to worry about Joey. I get my towel down from the rack. I am beginning to think about Joey's thoughts. I get in the shower and start to think.

What is wrong with me? Why didn't I tell Joey what is wrong with me? I always tell him what's wrong with me.  I will tell him today. I'll ask him to drive me to school and I'll tell him on the way there.

After my shower, I check the time again. 6:39.

"Great timing, Nina!" I tell myself. I then begin to get my hair curler. I begin to straighten my hair when suddenly I heard a knock on the door. 

"Nina? What do you want for breakfast?" Joey's voice I heard on the other side of the door.

"Uh...eggs, bacon, and French toast."

"Okay."

I continue to pamper my hair and finish up the left side. Afterwards, I begin to put concealer on the bags under my eyes and cover them up with blush.

After I get out the bathroom, I begin to get dressed. As I put on my undergarments, I feel arms wrap around my stomach.

I scream. "You scared me!" I frightening exclaimed as I turn around and see Joey behind me, laughing. I hit him on the arm.

"Ow!" He screams as he still hardly giggles. I point my finger in the direction of the door.

"Out! I'll come out in a minute." I tell him. He then leaves and I am finally left alone to dress. I pick out a black shirt with a pink flower in the middle, light blue jeans, a light green plaid open shirt over my shirt, and purple sneakers. When I finally got dressed, I checked the time again. 7:01. I have one more hour to make it to school on time.

I come out the room and put my yellow-orange sunglasses on my head. I sit down at the table.

"Alright. I have one hour to make it to school. Can you drive me to school?" I ask Joey as he finishes up our breakfast.

"Sure, I'll drive you." He replies.

"Thanks, Joey." He hands me my food.

I take my fork and break off a piece of my French toast. I take a bite of it and I instantly feel like I'm in Food Heaven.

"Mm! Joey, this toast is delicious!" I inform him, excitiedly and take another bite of my toast.

"Thanks." He blushes and sits next to me. We then begin to eat breakfast together. When we begin to finish up, I check the time. 7:28.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna be late!" I yell as I grab my purse, book bag, phone, and coat and  go to the door to wait on Joey. He gets up, puts on some pants and shoes, and we were on our way outside holding hands. We finally get in the car around 7:30.